• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Haulover Inlet Videos......

SCT

You guys ever watch the Haulover Inlet (Miami) videos? Very cool boats in some pretty rough water....I can watch them for hours! Any of you south Florida members ever been there? Is it rough all the time or just when the tide is coming in? It amazes me the number of videos w- ladies on the bows and kids in the bow rider area w/o life jackets on in those rough conditions.

At 20:28, there is a Convincer or Enforcer OB that actually handles the water pretty good! It’s the only CM I’ve seen in these videos.

Cheers-

Last edited:
I grew up in Miami (Coral Gables/Coconut Grove). My boating grounds were mostly Biscayne Bay/Key Biscayne/Elliots Key in the south to Haulover Inlet in the north. I ran a Velocity 230/454 Magnum/Bravo One back then. I can't count how many times I came in (or out) of Haulover Inlet. It has always been a narrow, rough inlet that has to be respected. When you have an easterly wind blowing in and an outgoing tide, there are vertical wall of water that will catch you off guard. Many boaters have stuffed their bow at Haulover!!!!

Reactions: SCT
Wow really scary to see the woman fall overboard chasing what looks to be a bikini top. Didn’t look like she had on a life preserver. She would have to be a very strong swimmer in those conditions, and that’s if she wasn’t drinking

I watch them A LOT! There’s like 4-5 different people making a YouTube living off filming that inlet LOL

Lol..... my dad is just like the guy in the Superboat at 5:30..... He’d take us out boating on Lake Erie in the crappiest of weather when we were kids (1970s). Nowaday, representatives from children services would be knocking on his door. I sure do miss him, though.

Back