• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Holding down the fort in SW Michigan

Life long Good Ole' Downriver Rat Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyandotte,Brownstown area. 95% of the time I'm the big water from St. Clair to Erie and down to Sandusky Bay.

I'd invite everyone to Glen Lake but the water level is so low , I have to push my Senator out the channel by hand . Might be the end of boating on this lake till the DNR can figure out how to dredge the channel without getting their excavator stuck like last year .
Redboat

Attachments

• 100_0252 copy.jpg
    100_0252 copy.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 67
How can you NOT own one?

Well I've had it out 3 times now - all with the family. 3yr old, 6month old and my wonderful "human carseat" wife who for some crazy reason puts up with me. The wind whips the little guy around pretty bad at anything over 40 but he likes it. I finally remembered the GPS and did a WOT from 30, for what only felt like a second and got to 51.2 before I kinew it and pulled back. The spedo was only a couple of mph high at that speed. I've always thought they were further off than that. It actually gets closer to GPS speed above 40mph. I bet that 63 I saw with Curt on the test drive was a good 60 GPS.

I don't think you can beat a nice old CM on the fun per $ meter!

Anyhow, my old boss (black '87 CM BR I/O) and I are scheduled to go to his brother's place on Belleville lake Next wednesday (9/26). His brother has 2 modified pickleforks (100 and 126ph!!) and about 5 props for my boat to play with (25P cleaver!). So if anyone is around that day, look for us and stop by. Just west of the DNR site on the south shore. Date could change though. Feel free to PM me a few days before.

Well , I found it :)

We have a family of 5 , 2 teenagers and a one 11 year old.:eyecrazy:

be cool to meet up with some of ya, of course we dont have no *fancy 100mph *Boat but,,, it be fun anyway :D

btw I remember having to be the human *Boat * seat holder for ours lol...glad they old enough to hold on themselfs now :cheers

Meet and greet

Hey a get together would be great. Should pick a lake up north or privat that is not crawling with sheriffs like they are in Oakland county, that way we can run wide open without a hassel (NOt that we do that already, but just in case we would like to).

This season is over however for me, my the boat is moth-balled already since the start of large critter hunting.

uh hu.... wide open....... I like it :)

we have Lakes all the way round here but none of them are *private*.......

SW MI Vision 220

Hi There!
I'm a 3 year owner of a 1989 Vison 220 which I love. Anyway I'm looking to have some maitenance performed but don't know of any reputable mechanics in the area.

I'm willing to travel anywhere in SW Michigan. My boat has a 454 w/ a Bravo 1 drive. Hope to get some work done before the summer.

Any sugesstions would be great.

Thanks!

Welcome Sixdonuts,

Not sure if you are willing to drive to SE Michigan, but I have had great luck at our local marine in Southeast Michigan minutes from Brooklyn.

Devils lake Watersports - Alan is their top (mercruiser) mechanic and has a very good reputation. This marine is family owned and has been growing steadly in business because of their great customer service.

Hi There!
I'm a 3 year owner of a 1989 Vison 220 which I love. Anyway I'm looking to have some maitenance performed but don't know of any reputable mechanics in the area.

I'm willing to travel anywhere in SW Michigan. My boat has a 454 w/ a Bravo 1 drive. Hope to get some work done before the summer.

Any sugesstions would be great.

Thanks!

Only place I know of around here that really knows CMate I/O's quite well is Premier at Gun Lake. They've put a lot of big I/O boats up on Gun.

so where's the spring get together ? ? i'm just a ch south o' the border , or i'm up past ya in alpena , mi.

Back