• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

How is the factory doing?

karzrus

So I'm wondering if there is any more news available?

I know it's the end of the season, so they may not have very many orders for new boats. But they just announced a new dealer who might have ordered stock for next year and they might have been able to reconnect with some of their past dealers and confirmed an ongoing relationship. I noticed "Pier 57" besides clearing out all their inventory, had stopped advertising Checkmate in their banner on OSO for a while, but now they are again, even though they don't have any stock?

Checkmate might have the factory all cleaned up and looking good, maybe even making a boat or two, or ready to make a boat or two? Maybe they could post some pictures? give us an update?

Any plans to revamp the Presidents blog? update it?
I know, I'm rather nosey and maybe rushing them, but It's been a while without much from the factory.

I think so but I'm not completely sure. I'll check with Jeff to see if he has any pictures yet.

hey guys, i'm new here... been lurking around for a few weeks.

i hope they're doing well. my dad just dropped off his '90 starliner for a factory refurb. the floor in it was gone and the seat backs and panels were pretty rough. the vinyl is still in great shape. i think they are going to try and reuse most of it. apparently a stringer has nearly rotted out, too and there were a few blisters in the gel that we are hoping CM can fix. kip assured dad it would look like a new boat when we got it back. All the CM guys seemed to be pretty excited to get a chance to work on it. A real sense of pride seemed to come from them. the boat has been theirs since they bought it new and they couldn't bring themselves to buying a new one. just too many memories wrapped up in that old boat. i think he's also having them cut in a "glove box" to house the radio and hold keys, phones, wallets, and such.

dad said they were working on 4 new boats as well as another refurb.

for the stats: it's a '90 starliner with an '89 Johnson GT 200 w/a Raker 3 blade prop. not sure of the pitch. there's no setback or jackplate. used to top out around 63 mph with 2 adults, 2 kids, and gear.

hey guys, i'm new here... been lurking around for a few weeks.

dad said they were working on 4 new boats as well as another refurb.

Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the forum and great first post BTW.

P.S. your Dad sounds like he belongs, here too.

Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the forum and great first post BTW.

P.S. your Dad sounds like he belongs, here too.

thanks. i don't think he'd ever make a post. would probably end up asking me to see what i could find out for him. i must say, i was pretty happy to hear them say that wanted to refurb it versus selling and buying something else. being 6 y/o when we got it, i've grown up with the boat and put many hours into cleaning and maintenance. pretty pumped to see what it's going to look like when it's been refreshed.

So I'm wondering if there is any more news available?

I know it's the end of the season, so they may not have very many orders for new boats. But they just announced a new dealer who might have ordered stock for next year and they might have been able to reconnect with some of their past dealers and confirmed an ongoing relationship. I noticed "Pier 57" besides clearing out all their inventory, had stopped advertising Checkmate in their banner on OSO for a while, but now they are again, even though they don't have any stock?

Checkmate might have the factory all cleaned up and looking good, maybe even making a boat or two, or ready to make a boat or two? Maybe they could post some pictures? give us an update?

Any plans to revamp the Presidents blog? update it?
I know, I'm rather nosey and maybe rushing them, but It's been a while without much from the factory.

The factory has several orders including mine. They just started laying out the deck graphics on my 2400 today. They have orders for 3 more 2400's after mine. They pulled a 25sfx from the mold when I was there over a week ago.

Looks like the factory has turned out its first 2014 since new ownership.
From Cmates fbook page.
Congratulations to Scott Allen (3 photos)
Congratulations to Scott Allen on his purchase of a 2014 Checkmate 20 BRX. This is his first Checkmate and is also the first Checkmate to come out of the factory since its reopening.

Austin Tinus, Sales Manager of Tinus Marine (Pictured on the Right) delivered the boat to Scott (Pictured on the left) this past weekend. Scott took his boat out for a little ride afterwards. Best of luck on your new Checkmate Scott!! — in Oconomowoc, WI.
1039958_652754118082697_1381368855_o.jpg

1383377_652754938082615_1906005686_n.jpg

1377613_652755074749268_1284381827_n.jpg

Back