• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

i Have a 1979 Checkmate Entertainer 21foot bowrider with a Ford 460 and Berkley Jet pump

1Butch

I.m putting the complete Holley Sniper fuel injection on it including the electronic distributer also put on the complete cooling system thermostat system on it Has anyone else tried this system?? i bought the boat in !980 , hasn't been used much and is always garaged still in Great comdition

Welcome to the forum, your boat is a rare set up from Checkmate. I’ve only noticed a few Enchanters with Jet drives come up for sale over the years. While Checkmate made quite a lot of Enchanters most were either OB or inboard/sterndrive powered.

I don’t know if very many of the guys here have converted their inboards to EFI and closed cooling, you might have more success on a jet boat forum or an old car forum. I’m on a few old Pontiac forums and many are going with the Holley Sniper system there. I bet the Ford car forums have a group who converted to the Holley Sniper system too, they might be able to provide better information.

We would love to see pictures of your boat and here about your progress if you would be willing to share.

Agreed, we need pics!!! THere's a thread on offshoreonly all about converting to the holley sniper setup.

An Entertainer w- a jet drive….that is one rare boat! Would also like to see some pictures! Did it come with the Ford? Very cool

We have a 1979 Checkmate 21'.....not sure about the model? Outboard motor. We are thinking about selling it but we really like the boat.

Back