• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I'm Back! good to be back in a Mate!

Dan_az80

So after selling that gorgeous 89 enchanter I had, I decided to get another boat. I'm going to pick up a 93 persuader 235 this weekend. It has the 330hp 454 and bravo setup. very clean well cared for boat with low hours. I have a few questions:

I read around and notice that these may like to porpoise, especially with 3 blades. Just wanted to get some opinions on this and what prop set up is ideal? Looking at the 24P trophy possibly.

the current owner says he has seen about 65mph, which is plenty for me. I have seen others say low to mid 70's with the same power (different props). just wondering what to expect.

taking it for a test drive this Saturday before I bring it home, so I'll give it a little shake-down run. I may answer some of my own questions doing this, but I would like to hear from other 235 owners and get their thoughts and opinions on this hull.

Thanks and it's great to be back!

Congratulations, I also am back in a checkmate after 25 years.
I got a 24 trophy with my boat and think I need a 26. I would be willing to get rid of it if it is what you need.

Chillin, sounds good. I will get back with you after I take her for a spin and see how it does with the current prop. let me know what you would need for it.

I've always been a 4 blade fan for many reasons. My 23 ft enforcer has the same drivetrain as yours and I find that a 26 is just a bit too much. I run a 24 bravo. Trim tabs also made a huge difference.
Enjoy!

My 93 Persuader 219 with the same engine/outdrive setup would wildly porpoise (during hole shot - getting up on plane) if I didn't get the drive trim and trim plates 'in sync'. It had a 3 blade, 25 pitch, and would run 62 gps, two people, low fuel. Still would have a bit of 'gallop' at speed, but nothing extreme as porpoising. I swapped in a 23p HighFive, and it eliminated the hole shot carnival ride.

I would try a 23 or 24 pitch 4 blade to see if it delivers the performance you're after.

Welcome back

So after selling that gorgeous 89 enchanter I had, I decided to get another boat. I'm going to pick up a 93 persuader 235 this weekend. It has the 330hp 454 and bravo setup. very clean well cared for boat with low hours. I have a few questions:

I read around and notice that these may like to porpoise, especially with 3 blades. Just wanted to get some opinions on this and what prop set up is ideal? Looking at the 24P trophy possibly.

the current owner says he has seen about 65mph, which is plenty for me. I have seen others say low to mid 70's with the same power (different props). just wondering what to expect.

taking it for a test drive this Saturday before I bring it home, so I'll give it a little shake-down run. I may answer some of my own questions doing this, but I would like to hear from other 235 owners and get their thoughts and opinions on this hull.

Good luck with your new toy

So long story short, I brought home the new ride! I was really surprised at how well the boat came out of the hole (no tabs). it ran great and pulled hard all the way up to 65mph on GPS with half a tank and myself and the previous owner. RPM's seemed a little high at around 4800. Wondering how much better the ride would be with a 24p 4 blade. The 3 blade 23P that is on it is a mirage quicksilver that has seen better days. thoughts?

I am figuring out how to add pictures again, when I do I'll put some up of the new whip. Had a great weekend at Higgins with the family

I am figuring out how to add pictures again, when I do I'll put some up of the new whip. Had a great weekend at Higgins with the family

You might want to look into the Spinelli Star 4 Blade. I have been running Bravo 1 props and was never happy with the way they lift the stern. The Spinelli carried the bow unbelievably allowing me to get the boat up on the pad.

Hole shot was also awesome. I believe my Stiletto is a very similar hull to the Persuader. Hit 87 with a full tank, 2 very large guys (260 -280 each), cooler and me.

Still enjoying the Enchanter!

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 12
Back