• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Is a mx13 and a checkmate playmate the same boat ?

Just curious. Some one said that the mx13 is a play mate ?? Boat in question is a checkmate 72 mx13.. Just curious. Thanks

John

Well , just my 2 cents . I'd say no .
I divide the little boats into four models .
1. the MX line , 13 to 15 foot
2. the Playmate , early models
3. the Playmate GT , the '87 , '88 model
4. the Playmate Jetmate model

Again just my 2 cents ...

Last edited:
Just curious. Some one said that the mx13 is a play mate ?? Boat in question is a checkmate 72 mx13.. Just curious. Thanks

John
I think Gary Horsley used the MX13 bottom when he designed that boat in his garage. He designed that boat at home and Bill Combs seen it and added it to the line. Gary worked in the prototype dept at Checkmate.

Reactions: JW
And Gary was the guy working the clay on the Pulsare 1600 mold the day I visited the factory once. Can't remember which time that was. Such great detail in the fiberglass of the older boats.

Back