• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Jack Plate

JJFRASE

I am running a 1984 Eluder powered by a 140 HP Johnson. Top end is 46 mph (GPS). What would be the ideal setback that would increase my top end? What would be the best prop?

I am running a 1984 Eluder powered by a 140 HP Johnson. Top end is 46 mph (GPS). What would be the ideal setback that would increase my top end? What would be the best prop?

Go with as much setback as your steering cables will allow. If you're changing to new dual cable steering, then start with at least 10" of setback.

Welcome to the board JJ.

Glad to see you made it on.
thumb.gif

might want to change my cables anyway. my boats hard steering when the motor is trimmed down.
thanks for the responses

Hi JJ,
We handle both several brands of jackplates, and all kinds of steering systems. And we offer discounts to Checkmate board members. Let us know if we can help.

Back