• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lake Shelbyville for Labor Day

jordan705

I was thinking of maybe heading to Shelbyville Lake this weekend, anyone going to be out there or on the river anywhere for the holiday weekend??

I would love to do Shelbyville on Labor day, but I have to work all weekend. Shelbyville is definitely one of my faves. We will have to try and do a Shelbyville weekend sometime.

I wish they would re open Eagle Creek.

I'll be down at Kinkaid if you want to haul down there. When depends on the flurry of rain headed our way.

Supposed to be down there with the whole fam comin.
Not sure if my boat will be done though.
All the parts are supposed to be here tomorros morning and then its a mad thrash to get to the water by monday.

Just looked online, that lake seems pretty nice. I have never been there. I thought I heard once that it is shallow, but from all the pics I have seen it looks to be a really nice place. A bit of a drive at 3 hours for me for the day but it might be something I'll give a try in the future.
I know some of you guys go there, lets hear about it!

Supposed to be down there with the whole fam comin.
Not sure if my boat will be done though.
All the parts are supposed to be here tomorros morning and then its a mad thrash to get to the water by monday.

Looking like Monday is the day for the water....with a small chance of Sunday. Looks like a wait and see approach....d*mn storm

Yeah I'm not sure where I'll go yet, heard Kinkaid was really low (maybe not after sat., lol), but I'm waiting to see what the weather does to its already started raining near Sprinfield

Deb and i will be there sun and mon .If the weather holds out. looks like a high of 81 on sun! The ramp is shallow on the slot on your left when putting in. I hit the bottom as soon as the boat left the trailer. we took out on the right side and all was fine. Kinkade is a deep lake other than that.:eyecrazy:
55mph strictly enforced on that lake

Ya we hit that same spot two weeks ago when I blew up my boat and last weekend I was down with dad and his boat and we watched someone with a very nice 26 foot crownline smash that thing. I posted it last week, but definitely use the right side of the ramp down there!

fast94 hopefully you get your boat back together (kkep us informed) and jeff let me know what you decide maybe I'll meet you down there sun/mon, if you go sun you staying on the lake?

fast94 hopefully you get your boat back together (kkep us informed) and jeff let me know what you decide maybe I'll meet you down there sun/mon, if you go sun you staying on the lake?

Head is on, exhaust manifold is on, waiting on lifter to be delivered today, set all the lash yesterday except the ones I'm waiting for the lifters for, So really if it doesn't rain, and I get a chance to work on it tonight and tomorrow then its not a problem gettin it back together...
I'm confused though, this thread was kinda hijacked by some of us that talked about Kinkaid, I apologize that I might have been involved in that.

So where is everyone going?

I still would like someone to post up some info on shelbyville, it looks like a great place online!

Right side when I'm looking at it from the boat, or right side when I'm looking at it from the truck?? I've heard there were several people getting stuck backing up past the end of the ramp with the water so low. 4-6" of rain should help :)

Sorry...I think I kinda hijacked this too talking about Kinkaid. I'd love to hear about Shelbyville....I've heard on many forums it's the mini-LOTO...without a nuts party cove.

The River should be a mess after all this rain....and Carlyle being so shallow will be muddy as all get out I'm sure. Let me know where you guys head.

Right side when I'm looking at it from the boat, or right side when I'm looking at it from the truck?? I've heard there were several people getting stuck backing up past the end of the ramp with the water so low. 4-6" of rain should help :)

Sorry...I think I kinda hijacked this too talking about Kinkaid. I'd love to hear about Shelbyville....I've heard on many forums it's the mini-LOTO...without a nuts party cove.

The River should be a mess after all this rain....and Carlyle being so shallow will be muddy as all get out I'm sure. Let me know where you guys head.

Put in closer to the side with the rocks, away from the two docks, so the right side as you look at the lake. Not too close to the rocks though because there is some bad stuff down there too. I split the difference between the middle and the rock wall and that usually works. You shuold be ok as far as running off the ramp, but it does drop off. There are signs that mark the end of the ramp. People do get stuck there because for some reason it drops off, which does not make much sense becasue it gets shallow again right after.

If it rains that hard kinkaid will be muddy too.

ummmm NO!!!! Biggest crap hole of a lake around here.....but it's close.....and usually the crowd on the 4th is pretty rowdy.

I don't mind the hijacking but as far as Lake Shelbyville it is an awsome lake and I would say it could be a mini LOTO. There are a couple of marinas and plenny of room to run without doing in circles or ending up at the other end of the lake. I like to think of it as a river b/c it is more of a channel in area instead of being wide open. I've not been there in a couple years but always have a good time when I go and there is usually a pretty nice crowd there.

I would love to haul down to Kinakaid if you guys are going to make it. It really depends on weather though and the predicted forcast because its the oppisite for me with Shelbyville being about an hour away and Kinkaid about three hours.

Shelbyville ROCKS. But it is almost 2.5 hours from here to the Dam and more to Sullivan so it is too far for me for a 1 dayer. Carlyle is close but SUX. Most of my outings are head to the lake or river boat all day and back that night so I can work the next day.

That is why I am predominantly a pool 26 river rat.

Monday is the only day I will be able to boat this weekend because of work and weather.

No matter where you guys end up have a safe weekend.

Shelbyville is a great lake! Been going religiously for 20 years. Not a bad thing to say about it.

Worst experience was getting completely smoked by a guy with a triple 300x maroon pontoon last year. Think he's the one who goes to LOTO and is fastest at (112).

Back