• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Let's See Your Vintage Motahs!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a shot of my little cousin from a few years ago learning to drive the boat. Now she's my bid cousin! :D

The motor is a mid 60's 110 Merc 9.8 H.P.

I'm not sure of the year as the Canadian serial numbers are a bit different from the U.S. ones. Originally I thought it was a '69 but based on the color scheme, I think it's a '67 or so.

carolyndriveboat82901.jpg

1970 Glasspar G3 with a 1963 Mercury 1000

This is a a picture of my '63 Merc 100 horsepower outboard. It is definitely a classic and turns heads on the river. It starts easier than many newer engines and sounds All American! I personally cannot believe that it is over 40 years old! Nothing runs like a Merc!

Not the Normal Way to Frame your Boat! www.uniqueboat.com

g3forwebsite.jpg

My oldest motor

1960 Evinrude Fastwin 18 (currently not in use, anyone want to buy it?)

Attachments

• Evinrude 013s.jpg
    Evinrude 013s.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Evinrude 011s.jpg
    Evinrude 011s.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 24
Couple more

Still runs!

Attachments

• Evinrude 012s.jpg
    Evinrude 012s.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Evinrude 002s.jpg
    Evinrude 002s.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 32
List your Boats or Parts for Sale on www.uniqueboat.com

Hey JW, I just added a new section to www.uniqueboat.com. This section allows people to list boats or parts that they have for sale along with their asking price and contact information. I hope that you do not mind, but I have used your Evinrude outboard as an example on my Boats/Parts for sale home page.

If you would like, I will add your contact info and asking price into the information free of charge. Send it to john@uniqueboat.com

I invite all to check out this new section. The price has never been this inexpensive to list a boat or part online.

That's a cool addition to the site! I'm not ready to list it for sale yet, I've talked to a guy about a trade. I've always loved the older Mercury motors when they were white, and an old outboard guy I work with has a 6 horse tiller white motor he's putting together.

trim tabs

Those are in fact trim tabs on my G3. They actually came with the boat when I bought it early last year, but I can tell that they are needed. That is a big engine for that boat and they help to stabilize it and deal with prop torgue. These in particular are called step and trim, so I can step on them to get into the boat. I don't know what I would do without them. I have no idea where to get ones like that. Most nowadays are probably expensive and hydraulic.

NOW YOU CAN BUY OR SELL BOATS AND PARTS TOO!

Old Nameless Motors

Hay, doe's enyone rember a outboard named Firestone??? My Uncle had one but it was destroyed when his garage caught fire...

Old spring lake made woody

Here's my old woody project (freshly epoxied and readly for fresh paint in the next week or two.) It's a 53' VanPelt 12' plywood speedboat, though not the highly sought after racing scooters they were known for in the day of the old utility racers. Ran 25 mph with my 1994 Merc 15 hp, but I sold that to get a "era correct" 1953 Evinrude Super Fast Twin 15.
http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/s.../PictureID=65823282020/a=163812256_163812256/
http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/s.../PictureID=64622100020/a=163812256_163812256/

Back