• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Look what I just got thrown in my lap

Kary

Never heard of one of these.
LEPEL is across the front. I could not find any internet history on this. The only thing I found on google was in recreational boats forum from 1999. he found one in a barn. He asked what battery powers it so I am guessin it was powered by an electric motor. There is a propshaft and a rudder on it. There is also a few aluminum brackets and plates for mounting a motor and maybe a battery.Thought about puttin a trolling motor assembly in it
for power. It has cable/pulley steering on it.

Attachments

• LAPEL.jpg
    LAPEL.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 234
Interesting. Looks like a cross between a Jetsons space scooter and something that got pulled up from the ocean depths on a 5000 foot line.
Either way, looks like a strong candidate for some aqua buff.

She is beyond aqua buff. It needs regel completely. It has been stripped about 3 times and painted more than that. I am hoping to see one in it's day so i can get a color scheme down for it. Maybe in the same frame I can figure out what powered it in the first palce....75lb thrust trollin motor would be reeeeeeeallly cool. The batteries may be too much weight for it. Gotta beef up the inside a bit. The braces are all steel and rusty. The guy I got it from said that supposedly it was brought over from Viet Nam era Germany....who knows......
The bars won't turn, but hopefully I can machine some good parts to replace the bad ones.
The little prop is soooo cute.
The kids wanna pull it behind a boat like a tube....I think they are as insane as the guy I bought it from that wanted to put a briggs&stratton in it....
The fairing in front of the handlebars looks like a friggin chicken beak. Maybe I could put some tailfeathers on the rear fairing and make it a chicken rig or somethin....

Yeah, I could just see your kids riding that thing towed behind your boat with a whole bunch of chicken feathers. "Honest occifer, I have no idea how that got there."

She is beyond aqua buff. It needs regel completely. It has been stripped about 3 times and painted more than that. I am hoping to see one in it's day so i can get a color scheme down for it. Maybe in the same frame I can figure out what powered it in the first palce....75lb thrust trollin motor would be reeeeeeeallly cool. The batteries may be too much weight for it. Gotta beef up the inside a bit. The braces are all steel and rusty. The guy I got it from said that supposedly it was brought over from Viet Nam era Germany....who knows......
The bars won't turn, but hopefully I can machine some good parts to replace the bad ones.
The little prop is soooo cute.
The kids wanna pull it behind a boat like a tube....I think they are as insane as the guy I bought it from that wanted to put a briggs&stratton in it....
The fairing in front of the handlebars looks like a friggin chicken beak. Maybe I could put some tailfeathers on the rear fairing and make it a chicken rig or somethin....

Check out fiberglassics.com I bet there might be something on there about it

I really would like to keep it a prop driven watercraft.
It has a lot of aluminum fins and trim to polish up nice.
The rudder is chrome with rusty flakin stuff on it.
May not be worth much when I'm done, but sure would be a nice show piece
There is no way to split the deck, the damn thing was built solid as hell. No rivets, just gelled and glassed together nice.
Another 2 trillion dollar invested ebay item that will bring a $50 final bid

I found a diagram to use, Hope this Helps.lol

ps give you a call soon. JEFF

Attachments

• horse 2.jpg
    horse 2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 45
if that were mine, id give it a some paint and polish, make a big shelf in the garage for it, then drink beer with friends... stare at it.... and make it a conversation piece.:cheers:

Never heard of one of these.
LEPEL is across the front. I could not find any internet history on this. The only thing I found on google was in recreational boats forum from 1999. he found one in a barn. He asked what battery powers it so I am guessin it was powered by an electric motor. There is a propshaft and a rudder on it. There is also a few aluminum brackets and plates for mounting a motor and maybe a battery.Thought about puttin a trolling motor assembly in it
for power. It has cable/pulley steering on it.

I think its Kool to find ~old unique toys like this!!~ I look for things like this all the time..:thumb:

Hmmmmmm
been waiting for something to come along. That project hasn't been on the list for a while.

At one time, Checkmate built one that looked a bit like yours. But if I remember correctly(don't want red on my azz), it was outboard powered.

there is a contraption similar to that for sale near me, it is a bombadier (not sure of the spelling) it was a jet ski before jet ski's were made. perhaps yours is one of a different style. the one near me was outboard powered and has a motorcycle style steering setup.

Back