• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Mates on Marble lake

scottymac

I have seen a few Checkmates running around on Marble Lake in Quincy MI and was wondering if any them are mates on this forum.:cheers:

I was there Sunday night (brown Diplomat) checking out the island and talking to folks. Never been there before but it is a nice boating lake. I would love to come back and check out the races. I was talking to the guy that takes care of the animals on the island and he was giving me the low down on the lake.

I saw your boat at the island, I was cruizing around (white persuader) before I headed home. Corn Island has some kind of entertainment every weekend June - July with the Corn Roast party at the end of July, there is roughly 12 miles of cruizing down to Coldwater Lake. We are there most every weekend so let me know if you decide to come gack down. Check Corn Roast out on facebook.

Yup, I saw you cruise by a couple of times. Your boat sounded great! I may be back (this summer) to check out the races. I think they are held on Tuesday nights once a month. I'll let you know if I do get back there. Looks like an awesome chain of lakes to go boating on.

I was on www.michiganhotboats.com and it said they are going to be at Marble lake again on Saturday August 24th. I didn't see it on the events board on the island so I guess I will trust the web site. They also have some awesome pics from the last time they were there. Best 660ft speed was 108 mph.

Marble Lake

I run my 218 Persuader on Lake James. I plan on dropping it in Coldwater at least a couple times in 2014.

Be careful in Coldwater lake, it is extremely shallow in areas. You go from 15' to 2' within a few feet. I also don't believe you will have the ability to get under the bridge on the north end of the lake to access the channels that lead to the other lakes. I suggest droppping in on Marble Lake, it has a very nice launch and parking area and there is a party store with marine fuel if needed.

Coldwater Lake

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to get up to Marble before June and check out the launch area.

Back