• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Memorial Day CT River plans?

502GTX

Well fellas, It's memorial day weekend, so who's planning on hittin' the river? Mine's grinning greased and gassed, looking at Monday if the rain lets up and the river looks good.

I'll see ya when summer decides to show up...

Not really looking to go freeze my a** off. I went out last Sunday in the rain and probably had more fun!

Monday does look like the best day though.

Have fun and be safe!

HD

I got side tracked on another project, but i did take the stream off the jacks. I heared they found a body last weekend at Gildersleeve island.

Looks like mother nature is gonna trash this weekend. Oh well, maybe next week. I heard the found a body too, didn't know it was at Gildersleeve.

Heard the river is way up

I am sure it is! It was raining buckets yesterday.

Monday may be salvagable...we will see.

Happy Memorial Day guys. Looking forward to seeing you this year! I rarely take the Checkmate out, so I will try and send you a picture of my deck boat.

HD

The River is way up and The forecast is calling for another 1-3 inches of rain. Looks like it's gonna be another short season.

The River is way up and The forecast is calling for another 1-3 inches of rain. Looks like it's gonna be another short season.

I ran the last few weekends. Water is high and turbid with lots of floating debris in the water!

Gonna be a short rainy season if this keeps up.

HD

HD, You didn't take the Checkmate out in that debris...? I'm thinking of sticking mine in a lake Sunday, just to get it wet.

Back