• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Mercury Tempest Plus 23P

Sam I am

I just bought this prop on line and it got delivered on friday. My boat sold this morning (saturday)! I never even got to try out the prop. It has two small nicks in one blade. I paid $180. Would like to get my money back. I'll eat the shipping if someone will buy the prop. Includes the hub kit. A good spare prop. NOT perfect. Will post pictures later...mom's peach short cake, my drink and a cigar are calling.

Pics

Here are the pics. I tried to give it some scale with my thumb.

Attachments

• DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 92
more pics

more pics

Attachments

• DSC_0053.jpg
    DSC_0053.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 62
Yes...

I just got into my hotel room and back on the net. I still have it and will gladly ship.

I want to add the 23" Tempest Plus was the BEST prop I had on my 2100BR with the 225 Promax, and I tried a few 'recommended' props while I owned it!

I want to add the 23" Tempest Plus was the BEST prop I had on my 2100BR with the 225 Promax, and I tried a few 'recommended' props while I owned it!

i also have tried a few props and this one is GREAT! a bump for a great prop for sale:bigthumb: it has AWESOME bow lift if you can push it;)

Ive had several people reply to me that out of all the props they have tried this is the one they like the best!:thumb:

i also have tried a few props and this one is GREAT! a bump for a great prop for sale:bigthumb: it has AWESOME bow lift if you can push it;)

I was told the Trophy Plus will lift better than a tempest plus? Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Bow lift

In my limited experience the Tempest Plus has the most bow lift.

The Trophy Plus has good bow lift and less torque steer.

I am currently running a 23" Tempest on my boat with a 225 ProXS. It has awesome hole shot and good top end too. I can take 5 other guys out and it still has a good hole shot for skiing. One guy is 240+ and it still yanks him up on a slalom with both feet in.

In my limited experience the Tempest Plus has the most bow lift.

The Trophy Plus has good bow lift and less torque steer.

I am currently running a 23" Tempest on my boat with a 225 ProXS. It has awesome hole shot and good top end too. I can take 5 other guys out and it still has a good hole shot for skiing. One guy is 240+ and it still yanks him up on a slalom with both feet in.

What are you seeing for top speed?

What are you seeing for top speed?

And what was the wot with the Trophy? I want to try a 22/23 trophy plus but am guessing I'll loose speed compared to a 23 Tempest+.

I agree, the tempest+ has great holeshot, even jacked waaayyy up. It hooks up well.

How fast?

With the 23 Tempest I get 72 on the GPS - 73 at Buckey lake last weed with a heck of a tail wind and good chop. Once in a while it my bump the rev limiter which I think is around 6350 on the Pro XS.

I ran a 25 Trophy Plus and got 72 but I forget the rpm. I think it was about the same. I am going to try this prop again. It slipped a bit more when pulling skiers. The Trophy has a bit less torque in the steering wheel. I'll report back once I run it again.

I saw 77 at 5600rpm last week with an odd ball prop. It is marked F'n'R which I was told stood for Fish and Race. It didn't have enough bow lift and took a lot of trim but it was really scooting.

I got out today and tried a couple props

The 25 Laser II needs to run much deeper than the Tempest Plus. It has less bow lift too.

The 25 Trophy Plus liked it an inch or two lower than the Tempest Plus and seems to pick up the stern which makes it a little squirrely. It took a lot of trim (more than the Tempest Plus) to get the bow up too. I hit 72 several times but it is a real challenge to drive.

These results are on my old Trimate III with a hydraulic jack plate and no pad. Your results may be much different.

I guess the Tempest Plus with it's big blades grabs the water and lifts the bow the best out of the props I have ran so far. I'd like to try a 21 & a 25 someday.

I guess I will be selling or trading the 25 Laser II for sure and maybe the 25 Trophy Plus too.

Back on the market

TTT....would like to sell this one (again) or trade for a 21P as I now have 2 23P Tempest Plus.

What's the hub and prop OD? It's for my son's '79 merc 115 on a 16ft Baja currently running 62 at 5600rpm with an old Quicksilver 23p ss. It's blowing out on turns and hole shot. Need the rpms down with a higher pitch but I was just wondering if the rpms will drop at all with the Tempest.

TTT....would like to sell this one (again) or trade for a 21P as I now have 2 23P Tempest Plus.

I've got a Quicksilver 21P SS prop...I've never used it and would be happy to trade? I am willing to even offer a fair trade back if it's a POS. Having never used it, I cannot attest to it's worthiness! Just PM me or let me know if you're interested. What's stamped into side is "CD QUICKSILVER 4816318 A4 21P"

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

goingcamping-

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to decline. I'm looking for a Tempest+ or Trophy+...

Back