• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New checkmate/boat owner

BeMorrNH

Good morning! I'm the new proud owner of a 1988 16'7" Checkmate diplomat, 150 Merc.

So glad to have run into this forum as I have many questions from being a new boat owner to questions about the boat itself.

It's a one owner boat and has been upgraded and maintained by the owner himself, he kept it in great shape!

Super fun, fast boat that's light enough to tow easily with me old Jeep Wrangler!

First general question. The storage locker in the floor is incredibly small and constantly fills with water because there's no drain. I've been draining with an upholstery cleaner when I get home, but there has to be a better way.

Any ideas?

First general question. The storage locker in the floor is incredibly small and constantly fills with water because there's no drain. I've been draining with an upholstery cleaner when I get home, but there has to be a better way.

Any ideas?

Welcome! In my older boats with a floor locker, the drain clogs up pretty easily, there might actually be one down there. It might not be a tube or a big round orifice, it might just be a small gap in the back.

Back