• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New member from Alabama

Ryan73

New to the forum. Been enjoying all the pics and stories. I have recently started back working on my 1973 MX-15. I replaced the transom and painted the bottom 28 years ago when I was 17. Life got busy and I stored it until this May 25th. Since then I have been working on it like a mad man and hope to have it completed soon. It has been a wild ride and I am getting very close.

Got a little boat time in today and learned yet another lesson in life. Fill up, seal up, all those pesky holes where the rub rail was mounted. Do this before you paint it. It will be better when you remount it. I did not follow these easy steps and made it a challenge today. Either way, salvaged the original rub rail, installing it tomorrow with new insert. Things are looking good!

Back