• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new member kbauer

kbauer

Hey,
I should have joined this sooner. I have a 2012 ZT-23 bowrider, has the 6.2 L up graded to a spider motor, Love the boat! low hrs, barely hitting 100 hrs on it.

I wanted to put seadek product on the swim platform and wanted to use the horse logo and have sea-dek put it on the pad. Need to have Checkmate Boats Inc. give seadek company the authorization to use it. Anyone know a contact email address or website I can contact to get a hold of Checkmate to ask permission?

Houston, .... we have a problem!

I wish I could help, but everyone is having issues getting information or answers from Checkmate at the moment.

They have a Facebook page, try sending your inquiry through that, if you get an answer you are one of the lucky few.

Hey,
I should have joined this sooner. I have a 2012 ZT-23 bowrider, has the 6.2 L up graded to a spider motor, Love the boat! low hrs, barely hitting 100 hrs on it.

I wanted to put seadek product on the swim platform and wanted to use the horse logo and have sea-dek put it on the pad. Need to have Checkmate Boats Inc. give seadek company the authorization to use it. Anyone know a contact email address or website I can contact to get a hold of Checkmate to ask permission?
I hope you get an answer from Checkmate. If not, and if SeaDek won't do it, try Aqua Traction, perhaps they may? The horsehead that Caldwell Checkmate is using, I believe is also different from the horsehead that they used in 2012 in Bucyrus. Not sure if that would get around the issue.
If all that fails, I don't see why they would not imprint the word "CHECKMATE" on your swim platform pad, as a last resort of course

Hey, thanks for the response and sorry for my delay in a reply. I already have my order in and it is alright, I get the trademark thing. I will contact SeaDek and see what they say.

I hope you get an answer from Checkmate. If not, and if SeaDek won't do it, try Aqua Traction, perhaps they may? The horsehead that Caldwell Checkmate is using, I believe is also different from the horsehead that they used in 2012 in Bucyrus. Not sure if that would get around the issue.
If all that fails, I don't see why they would not imprint the word "CHECKMATE" on your swim platform pad, as a last resort of course
Glenn, I actually copy and pasted this response to SeaDek, if hopes that they use the horse anyway, and if not, great idea on the use of "CHECKMATE" lasered into the swim platform covering with this font, like my trailer has on it. Thanks again for responding with a brilliant idea.

Glenn, I actually copy and pasted this response to SeaDek, if hopes that they use the horse anyway, and if not, great idea on the use of "CHECKMATE" lasered into the swim platform covering with this font, like my trailer has on it. Thanks again for responding with a brilliant idea.
Your welcome. I hope it works out for you.
I have Aqua Traction in mine and it looks great but it is high maintenance. We live on a very clean lake, but a bit of rainwater that seeps through the cover, even bottled water, will leave a stain ring on the material. I have always been able to remove it with a foam upholstery cleaner. Mine sits on a lift, under a covered dock, with a Marine Concepts cover on it.

Back