• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Member/Owner NE Wisco/Central U.P.

JohnnyB

I'm a lifelong skier and longtime boat owner. I barefoot and slalom a couple times/week at home on a river near my house behind a Mastercraft.

We have a family cabin in the central U.P. that is shallow lake with no public landing and "beach launch" only. Now that we're empty nesters and spending more time there, I need to scratch my ski and go fast itch.

I've come close to buying various Checkmate boats over the years as I've had a liking from them from when I was a kid in the 70s, seeing them on the water.

I am the new owner of a 1985 Sport Fire with a 115hp Tower of Power. I am now starting to dig into history of Checkmate, the boats, the builds, restoration and upkeep, etc.....hence why I'm now on this forum!

By the way, looking forward to the tiny wake of a powerful, small, light boat for skiing and footing!

Also, easy sell to my wife as silver metal flake on black gel looks amazing....she thinks every boat should be metal flake!!!

:welcome:Welcome to the Forum. That Sportfire should be a great boat for both Slaloming and Footing. The shape of the hull should give you a softer, flatter wake which is great for Barefooting. Especially if use a 100' line. Best of luck and hope you enjoy you new purchase. Jim:thumb:

Back