• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New to the group.

Bocephus331

Hello everyone, I just signed up for the forum, and thought I would introduce myself. I've been around boats most of my life and since my father didn't belive there was any other type, most of my experience has been on Checkmates. Recently I talked my mother into allowing to drag his old Trimate III out and see if it could be brought back to life. My Father purchased the Trimate in the late 90's and replaced all of the wood, interior and gel coat at that time. It's still in fairly good shape and has always been garage kept. If anyone has recomendations for items that I should look out for, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Also, if anyone has a recomendation for a transom ladder and a ski tower, that would be great,

:welcome:Welcome to the Forum. Where are you located? What type of set up do you have for a Motor? When I had a Trimate III, I actually installed a small swim platform on the transom in place of a ladder.

:welcome:Welcome to the Forum. Where are you located? What type of set up do you have for a Motor? When I had a Trimate III, I actually installed a small swim platform on the transom in place of a ladder.

Thanks. Im located in Georgia. The boat has a 86 mercury black max 200 with what I have been told is a 21 prop.

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good info here. Post some pictures of the boat. Everyone would love to see them

Welcome...anxious to hear more about returning it to its original glory.. .plus great memories too

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Tv4qRLVdx1eUDK8A

Thanks! I've had it out twice since we drug it out of the shop. Tri mate seems to be a bit more bumpy in rough water than I remember, but it still runs strong.It was also kind of nice seeing my neices riding around in their granddad's old boat, I'm sure he would have enjoyed that.I actually picked up a mid 80's eluder hull today, becuase the guy wanted more for the period correct parts seperatly than he wanted for the entire boat, so I now own two old Checks.

Great looking TriMate and not bad, from nothing to owning 2 Checkmates in a month, watcha got planned for next month??:welcome:

Great looking TriMate and not bad, from nothing to owning 2 Checkmates in a month, watcha got planned for next month??:welcome:

Nothing. The first check was free Ave the second was 350, so it only gets more expensive from here. The Eluder will need a bit of work before it ever sees the water. I'm going to see how well the gel coat buffs out and determine if it is worth redoing this winter, but for now, I'm just going to use the old trimate.

Welcome to the forums

I was here and then I went to the dark side with a Donzi for a bit and now I am back also....Welcome to the forums and enjoy the boats.

Back