• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

November boating on the ohio

slingblade

We took the boat out for one more trip.
Had a blast ! Weather was great . 70's and sun on sat with 20 -30 mph gust.
The wind was blowing but that did not seem to effect the Checkmate.
I learned allot about rough waters this weekend . I was very impressed with the ride of my boat in 3ft rollers and the every once in a while 5 footer. With a little practice I was landing the rear and drying out the bottom. It felt great Here is a short vid :banana:
http://s282.beta.photobucket.com/user/slingbladeshop/media/PICT0009-1.mp4.html

I did not do any vids on sat to busy driving. I had the wife and grandchild with on sunday. Less speed and beer.
ohiorivernovember12001.jpg

Had a great lunch at E town fish shack
ohiorivernovember12003.jpg

ohiorivernovember12004.jpg

The friend I took with me on sat . he said he has never rode in a boat that takes hard water so well. He has a 28ft fountain :sssh:.
now it's time for winterizing...:pissed:

Way cool, thanks for the shots. Those are great memories for a kid to have.
We had the same idea yesterday. Perfect last day of the season.

Nice pics. We had 68 deg. boating weather yesterday and it sure was tempting to get the boat out. Already winterized it and now I'm in snowmobile mode. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics, looks like a good day, I'm jealous, there's a foot of snow here and it was -20 last night.

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing! Too bad it has to be winter.....sniffle...sniffle...wipe tear.

I like the lines of that hull.....

Definitely jealous of all of you. Had a wedding to go to yesterday and a bunch of yard work to get done before winter hits today. Might do a little blast next Saturday before putting it away. Time to break out the winter toys and get them prepped.

Glad you had 1 more run. Pulled motor out Sat. and pulled heads. Not good. Water drained before oil. Sucked a valve. CRAP! Oh well.

Glad you guys had fun. Kinkaid was not very exciting but nice to be with the fam and out on the water. Next summer I'll have to join you on that Ohio river I guess it looks like a nice place to run.

Back