• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Now you see it, Now you dont.

sim

The sandbar that appears at low tide and then is 5 feet underwater.
Twice a year several boat clubs sponsor a huge party with live music,
kegs, barbecue and tents. Football, frisbee, bikinis and then it's all gone in a few hours.
Low tide. 2x's per summer. Here's what it looked like today.
C9DB3571-EE9C-4E6A-9B1D-BDD4854596C8_zpsykj8h1xp.jpg
065D3A9F-4F51-44DF-A8E2-DC26BFC53476_zpsx0ormbtn.jpg
EFD1C1B4-007D-4514-8D66-FF4E9A24203A_zpsxi3ybquu.jpg
03C7D7D4-2ADC-4722-A89A-30B5800112AB_zpspvgs0cuf.jpg
7393B8BD-6FCB-493C-9F79-47B9AABC6641_zpsvea821ai.jpg
82C8A380-2821-48ED-B512-A1AF0B1DA3C9_zpsskxp8uqe.jpg
A good time was had by all. And then it was gone. Tide came up.
623E2F73-A525-4CC2-A3FE-8A28C7DBCA55_zpsc60xmkkj.jpg

Last edited:
The tide there is crazy. I recall me and jetmate coming up that way and I couldn't believe the tide lines on the ramp we used. Glad to see the bow of your boat. I was starting to think it was just a myth.
Not a myth. It lives. It is raspberry.:rof:
Yeah, pretty wild to see 8 foot tides on a river.
Could be worse. Could be Bay of Fundy. What's that, about 50?

Not a myth. It lives. It is raspberry.:rof:
Yeah, pretty wild to see 8 foot tides on a river.
Could be worse. Could be Bay of Fundy. What's that, about 50?

Yep, Bay of Fundy = crazy tide. I went there about 6 years ago. At low tide you can walk out on a wide beach. At high tide it's like 35 feet deep where you were standing 5 or so hours ago. Sadly, I don't have any great pics of the same spot for comparison, I happened to go when low tide was in the afternoon, it was nearing dark when the tide came back in.

Reactions: sim
We're on the sandbar every chance we get. My 5 yr old loves digging in the sand and we just chill out with some local friends. We call it "Bordentown Redneck Rivieria" Lots of fun! Hope to see some of you there, I have the old blue Baja with a tower on it.

Stig - was that you who spoke with me in the Bordentown lot beside the ramp about 6-8wks ago?
The day we were queueing to get back on the trailers.

If you guys go again soon, let me know. It would be great to catch up on some fresh water and sand:D

Possibly Sunday.
Let's stay in touch over the coming days. I want to see this new 400R soon!

Back