• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Opinions.....

From my perspective as a multi multi boat buyer? And from someone looking for his next boat, I'll tell you what I see:

Interior: Pink, yes. That's an issue. But, it's 22 year old vinyl, therefore it's all ready to be replaced anyway. Purchase price plus add cost for all new vinyl. Until the vinyl is replaced: Some of us aren't man enough to rock the pink.

Pink on the hull: Not too hard to cover with new color (vinyl?), but expense involved there too. See above ;)

Non-original engine: maybe if he expanded his ad wording to give the history of the engine swap? GREAT engine, but what's the story. Some are scared off by non-originality.

One photo showing the port engine bay: What's the three brownish looking holes in the floor? Is the sun pad lift motor loose and moved back from its mount? Easy to correct that and insert updated photo.

Original interior could mean original floors/core/transom. Big concern for many. He could expand his wording to discuss any repairs done, or if none, how is the floor and carpet condition. Can he say 'solid floors and transom'?

Pix of boat pulled up onto the sand: maybe he should show some pix of the bottom in his ad to show condition.

Pix of the out drive also. Skeg straight and unbroken? Some good shots down both sides of the hull closer up to show condition.

Only other thing I can think of: End of the year. A buyer has to winterize and store that big girl. Way too big to fit in most garages.

I love bow-rider Persuaders. Wish he was a lot closer, I'd check it out to see if I could be tempted (even though I'm an outboard guy due to the nature of my shallow lake frontage).

Last edited:
Vessel is beautiful. Colors rock. The painted trailer is kind of a turnoff but no deal breaker. Galvanized trailers are all over the place around here so no real big deal. All of the good stuff is on the East side.(Frown). If it were closer, that is a boat I would go look at.

I remember this boat from last year when I was searching for a persuader.
Very nice looking from the photos, but there was a couple things that I did notice.
It got me real nervous seeing the plates under the seat bases, attached to the floor.
Not sure what is going on there.
The engine hatch ram was another thing that struck me.
Don't get me wrong, I was very tempted to follow up with him and probably would have if my boat did not come along. I think the extra 2 feet in length would have been real nice.

Back