• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Possible restoration project

mattgthefirst

I’m new to Checkmate and not sure exactly the year and model I bought. Is there a way to tell from the serial number? The # is CHK11679M84G. The floor is toast but haven’t pulled it up to check the stringers yet. If they are rotten is it worth restoring? Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

If I had a picture I could tell you the model. If I had just the length I could tell you what it might be.

I got your email, you have a somewhat rare, 1984 Checkmate Entertainer OB. Looks to be in decent shape, the trailer not so much. Definitely worth restoring. I mean, as far as Checkmates, you're probably not going to see another one of those on the lake.

If I could have saved the pictures from your email I would have posted them here for you. But, right click save wasn't working on them. :thumb:

If you need weight specs. and length specs. etc. It is the same hull as the Checkmate Enchanter OB. They share the same hull, where the Enchanter is the closed deck, and the Entertainer is the Open Bow.

Entertainers are one of my favorite hulls and I've been carefully watching them come up for sale for the past 6-7years. Nice length at 21ft - seat eight very easily. In O/B form with 200HP or more they are quite fast 60-65mph, they will push to 80+ with 300HP.

But while slightly rare they can still be found at $5-10,000 in pretty great shape with a proper sized motor and trailer that are also in great shape.

2 Summers ago the nicest one for sale so far came on the market, it was a near showroom perfect Orange metalflake boat( a real "time capsule") that the only thing wrong was the original interior was showing some weathering and sun baking but not even that bad. It had a 235Johnson on it that was mint and came with a second fully dressed freshly built powerhead. He was asking $13,500 for it and I don't think he ever found a buyer.

So what is your time worth and how many hours are you going to put into that hull? I figure about the most you could ever get for it would be $10,000, but you might spend more than that in parts and supplies on the motor, hull and trailer.

Thanks for the input guys. I mainly bought it to repurpose the trailer and it also had a 1999 mercury 225 EFI that I’m going to use on another project boat that’s in much better shape. I’ll get the floor out soon and see what lurks below. The boat is growing on me and I’d like to restore it if possible. I’ll post the stringer results when I get a chance to take it apart.

Finally got them to load up. Here is the Entertainer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200402-020739_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200402-020739_Gallery.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20200402-020715_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200402-020715_Gallery.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 33
Back