• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Predictor speed increase??

85Predictor

1985 with a 115 Merc with a Michigan Wheel 13 1/4 X 17 aluminum. Thought it was a 19 pitch! Was able to get 46 mph(GPS) @ 5800-5900 rpm. Any thoughts as to the top end with a Michigan Wheel 13 1/4 X 22 Turbo?? Checkmate thought I would be able to pull skiers too. I hope I can pull skiers and keep up with those $#@@# jet skis!!

1985 with a 115 Merc with a Michigan Wheel 13 1/4 X 17 aluminum. Thought it was a 19 pitch! Was able to get 46 mph(GPS) @ 5800-5900 rpm. Any thoughts as to the top end with a Michigan Wheel 13 1/4 X 22 Turbo?? Checkmate thought I would be able to pull skiers too. I hope I can pull skiers and keep up with those $#@@# jet skis!!

Should be a bit better. I don't know if I would go all the way up to 22P. This would put you RPM at 5000. That seems a bit low to me.
I would start at about 19-20 pitch. Also I have ran the turbo prop on my boat and also my buddy's boat. My boat did not like that prop at all. Did not provide enough bow lift and had a crappy hole shot. I would go with the laser 2. They work real well on the smaller mates.

Tri-Hulls have a lot different behavior vs. V hull of the Predictor. hole shots have never been a problem with my mate and I run a 23p.

Back