• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Prop blow out

MERC 225

Just finished re-storing my 1979 Entertainer and installed a new 2003 Merc 200 HP to replace my old 1978 200HP.

I am over revving the engine with my custom TURBO 25 pitch but is good for pulling skiers.

I tried a 26 pitch chopper today which has no hole shot. Would barely pull a skier. Mid-range and top End were great.
I blew out in about 20' with it trimmed all the way in pulling a skier. Do you think lowering the set up would help?

Merc 225

Just finished re-storing my 1979 Entertainer and installed a new 2003 Merc 200 HP to replace my old 1978 200HP.

I am over revving the engine with my custom TURBO 25 pitch but is good for pulling skiers.

I tried a 26 pitch chopper today which has no hole shot. Would barely pull a skier. Mid-range and top End were great.
I blew out in about 20' with it trimmed all the way in pulling a skier. Do you think lowering the set up would help?

Merc 225

I had the same trouble when I tryed to run a chopper. I also never had real good luck with a turbo prop. What RPM are you running with the 25p. You may want to try a 26 or 27p laser 2.

Choppers are fast, but they suck for pulling. A good 4 blade will give exelant power and good top end. Remember you cant have the best of both worlds, you need two props one for speed and one for all around use. (or maybe a third for serios power with no speed)

Thanks for the input.
I was turning the 26 chopper @ 5900 RPM's
The TURBO pulls great and runs good on top end but over revs the motor to much.
I am in the process of trying to find a tempest prop.

Back