• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

props

FRANK

i have 1990 strobe with 5.7 merc 260hp. iam running 62mph at 5500rpm. what prop can i use to gain more top end and still have a good hole shot for water sking. 14.25x25 4 blade ?

i have 1990 strobe with 5.7 merc 260hp. iam running 62mph at 5500rpm. what prop can i use to gain more top end and still have a good hole shot for water sking. 14.25x25 4 blade ?

What prop are you running now?? I would think that a 25" 4 blade would be a bit too much prop for you. I have a very mildly worked 454 magnum in a 259 Convincor. I spin a 26" 4 blade Bravo, I get 4950 r.p.m. out of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRANK:
i have 1990 strobe with 5.7 merc 260hp. iam running 62mph at 5500rpm. what prop can i use to gain more top end and still have a good hole shot for water sking. 14.25x25 4 blade ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

with my stock 5.7 i'm running 4800 rpm 57gps. what rpm can the motor handle?

Those RPM's are high,Your engine's Redline is 4800. 62 MPH is probably the best your gonna see out of it.Changing prop pitch will pretty much just change your top end RPM's.Your 19 is okay to stay with if your water sking.I wouldn't run it wide open though. I've run a 22 Turbo on a similiar set up as yours and really liked it.A 22" would bring your RPM's down to a safer range (about 4800)at wide open throttle.Generally you lose some top end with the four blade props.Although they are better out of the hole because there is less slippage.A 20 or 21 four blade might be a good all around choice.

Back