• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rear seat wood work for soortfireIO 1988

Kvi

Hi,

Need some help on my sport fire.
The rear seat are completely gone, and I have to build a new one.

Since I am dying this on a budget, this I a DIY project.

Can anyone help me out with the drawings for the wood plates for complete rear seat including the lower part over the gas tank,

Please advise,

Thanks,
Karsten ....

Done .... new woodwork made for the rear seat ...
ruined our pretty well

Now ready for opolstery..

Reactions: SCT
How did you make a new back bench? I have a 85 starflite looking to make a back bench seat?
Can you share any insight

It was not easy, since nothing was symmetrical (especially position of the fuel tank in reference to the hull) I had to redo lower part 3 times.

Unfortunately I can’t upload pictures, but if you email me on Familien.videbaek@gmail.com I can send you some pictures.

Br, Karsten

How did you make a new back bench? I have a 85 starflite looking to make a back bench seat?
Can you share any insight
The original back bench on the 85 Flite was a 3 section wrap around for the back and a one piece wood structure for the bottom. I decided not to make new wood. I purchased a complete new interior from the factory. I was lucky to order when I did. Cost me $ 1800.00. They used the Starboard for the framing instead of wood. The base and back were each one piece units. (newer design). Shortly after the price went up to around $ 3000.00.
The base is a basic frame design. you can replace with wood but I would recommend glassing it to have it last longer. I'm getting ready to open my boat and put the interior back in. If you need pictures of the design the factory is using I can get you pictures in a couple of weeks.

Back