• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Removing streaks and spots.

PA-Checkmate

Removing streaks and spots..
What works, any home brew solutions to mix-up. Caused by water running off cover.
Other than using a cleaner wax?

What works, any home brew solutions to mix-up. Caused by water running off cover.

Fine rubbing compound but that is similar to cleaner wax. If the water is hard and you have mineral deposits (looks a bit chalking off white in color) you might try the following home brew: 50 / 50 distilled water (make sure it is distilled) and distilled white vinegar. If you make say 16 oz (I cup of each) add a few drops of dawn dishwashing detergent and about 2 oz of rubbing alcohol.

I’ve never personally tried it but I’ve heard of guys using diluted Lime Away to remove hard water spots.

Black-ish/grey streaks from water running off of cover?
-If so RV "Black Streak Remover" works awesome and is available at most big box stores (Walmart/Meijer/Menards)in RV section for $5 or so. Spray detailer or spray wax works unless they are dark for me usually. The streak remover will strip the wax though in that area.

For any other stains, usually "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner (severe stains) or their "Tub and Tile" (mild-moderate stains)cleaner works awesome.

Diluted muriatic acid always works in a pinch too.

If the colored gel has become oxidized, streaky because of it, then likely a medium cut compound on high speed wheel would take it out.

Iron Out
It is a miracle working powder. Used for removing rust stains on laundry. Mix with water, spray on hull, streaks, spots, tannin stains disappear. Super safe and cost like $5. It is shockingly effective.

Back