• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rockstar Mud flaps for dual exhaust

Sam I am

I just picked this unit up and installed yesterday. Nice piece of gear...made in Jamestown, ND. They have several sizes (mine's a XL) from L to XXXL here's the link to their site and a picture mounted on my truck. Should do the job. About $440 tax included and free ground shipping. I didn't need these when I was running the stock tires, but since I made the switch to BFG A/T LT's I noticed I grab a lot of stuff off the roads and can hear it bouncing off the truck. Fiberglass boats aren't cheap and won't stay pretty if they get hammered with rocks and road debris. I'll update after a while to let folks know how it's holding up and whether the exhaust ports work as advertised. My cousin melted a different brand with his gasser that had dual exhaust.

Mine didn't mount perfectly plumb in the vertical axis due to my adjustable/lockable hitch. It's about 3/8" out of plumb from top to bottom...nothing major. If installed on a normal insert, it will sit perfectly square to the hitch both horizontally and vertically.

http://www.agricover.com/rockstar/

8619A968-9981-494C-AB07-176FC95CFA33_zpsjgwibyxk.jpg

That looks nice, I have 285/45/22 Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my Silverado, they pick up lots of stones. I put some Weather Tech mud guards on, we shall see.

That looks nice, I have 285/45/22 Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my Silverado, they pick up lots of stones. I put some Weather Tech mud guards on, we shall see.

I have the Weathertechs on too. I'm just paranoid about stones on the new Starliner when I tow back...who knows, there could be some road construction. Checkmate is also making me a new Ratchet Strap cover for the boat as well.

I need this!

My old truck would throw stuff all over the truck and boat.

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 31
Update

Did a 600 mile round trip with the Rockstar. I pulled over a few times for stops and felt the exhaust ports: cool to the touch. I did notice a decrease in mileage. Oh well.

Update: Pulled the Ranger about 450 round trip with the Rockstar attached. I stopped once each way and felt the Rockstar: it was hot to the the touch all the way to the ends and to the receiver. Still touchable, but hot. I also felt the rubber...it was also hot. Still touchable with a bare palm, but hot...there was no hot smell, bubbles, discoloration or anything, and I could place my palm against it...but it was definitely very warm. It was 83ish for outside temp and I was towing fast, far and flat. Cruise was set on 80mph on 80 miles of interstate and 75 on other...so, it should make it through the summer and the trip back from Ohio.

Back