• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Saginaw River and the Bay 7/4 - 7/6

illMATTic

We should be on the water all three days. Probably hit the state park if the weather cooperates. I want to be off the river though before all the jacks come out for the fireworks.

Dockside has new owners. It was top notch last week when we went there. They have a deep fried mac n cheese wrapped in jalapeño wrapped in bacon. It was KILLER.

I just called the coast guard. The river will be open all weekend. Since they are shooting fireworks on the west side only in Bay City, the river will remain open. :bounce:

A couple years ago I got stuck on the wrong side and didnt make it home until 2 in the morning. They had to clear all the morters before opening the river.

I have been wanting to hit the river/bay. We went for a cruise last summer there and got hung up in some muck so now the wife dont want to go again. Is Dockside across the river from H(.)(.)ters ?

Yes, Dockside is across from Hooters! Bay City is a long no wake zone but if you plan for it and want to be on the water all day it isn't that bad. By Vets park it does get shallow and muckey outside of the channel. I generally don't go over that way at all.

Matt, I feel your pain on the river closures. I got hung up in that before and ran my batteries dead jockeying around until they opened river. Should have just stayed anchored I guess, but then I wouldn't have had the experience of having a prick of a DNR occifer stomp all over my vinyl in his big yellow rubber overboots and order me around. Apparently having two boats tied together to swap out a battery is illegal, at least he said so.

I have been wanting to hit the river/bay. We went for a cruise last summer there and got hung up in some muck so now the wife dont want to go again. Is Dockside across the river from H(.)(.)ters ?

As long as you stay in the marked shipping channel you will be fine.

Yes that would be the thing to do. I wandered off to the west side following some other muck stuckers. We will have to set a date for a mid/ late summer run. Im just a half hour from Saginaw. Would like to see where everyone hangs out up there.

Any pictures? I miss my mate something fierce. Any plans for anyone to be out on the river the last week of July? I want to introduce my dad and his pulse to the river and maybe the bay.

Yep, hoping Matt will hook us up with some pics of his 3 days on the water. I know Im ready for my 3 days on the water at Cumberland.

I didn't get too many photos. Ever since my last phone ended up in the bay, I don't get it out too often to take pictures. I will post a couple soon.

There were boats everywhere. We went out to the bay all three days. There had to of been 300-400 boats at the state park. We stayed for the fireworks in Bay City on Saturday. We got in and out without any issues. My bow lights helped out spotting the buoys. :thumb: We put in 11 hours on the boat on Saturday.

Back