• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Sand Island, Chesapeake, Aug 27th-28th

knarloid

A few of us are planning an overnighter at Sand Island (just west of Battery Island, south of Havre de Grace) on Saturday Aug 27th.

It's the same weekend as the Rock the Bay Poker Run is happening the same day in the area, and a few more of the gang will be watching that and partying later at the evening events.

For those of us in NJ, we're planning to launch at Salem (Barbers Basin marina?) between 10 and 11 on Saturday morning and head through the C&D canal.

6B684DB1-517A-4C31-934C-7ACF75E5296A_zpsrprs1ewm.jpg

Should be space on the island to pitch small tents, and remember to bring your food, fluids and any equipment for the 2 days!

So far I think we have Ramifications, ChuckB at the island with possible visits from Demag and Droptop/Checktographer.
Anyone else in the area is welcome to join us.

Im in too. I will probably depart from Burlington NJ for some extra boat ridding time:thumb: I was thinking of getting in the water around 9am and can plan to meet you further down stream:surf:

Made a lot of milkshakes last weekend on the Chesapeake. We had a great time, enjoyed our weekend with chris and Satasha, and enjoyed our meet up with the spencer, kris, chuck and john and families. Was a great weekend for the boat, we went with out the kids and pushed the boat hard the hole time and it did well. Still a turd but ran great and nothing broke (knock on wood). On the way back i got to play with a 22fter with a big block in it, was a lot of fun till the guy got pissed because i was just toying with him and decided to not let out of it in rough water. After he almost killed himself and his girl and scared the crap out of me decided that it was time to stop messing with him.

Back