• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Server Upgrades

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gang,

Over the next week or so we will be upgrading our server.

Our current server has served us well and we have upgraded a few things on it over the past few months, but unfortunately, it simply can't keep up with the traffic we get during the peak times during the day.

We are therefore moving to a new server which is much larger, much more powerful and much faster. The new server is currently being built for us and should be up and running in the next couple of days.

After the new server is up and running, the current site will have to be migrated over to it and there will probably be some site down time during the transition.

-Chris

Is this possibly one more instance of "No replacement for Displacement?" And I quote,"..much larger, much more powerful and much faster" Ahh.

Is this possibly one more instance of "No replacement for Displacement?" And I quote,"..much larger, much more powerful and much faster" Ahh.
Yes, you could say we're boring that sucker .30 over and adding a blower. :D

Errr....wait a minute...I think we already did that....

OK....let's try this instead....

We ordered a brand new Big-Block crate motor and we'll be dropping it in over the next week or so. :thumb: :)

-Chris

We are therefore moving to a new server which is much larger, much more powerful and much faster.

Now if you could just come up with a solution for my sometimes flaky Comcast internet that keeps costing more and delivering less.

Excellent, I noticed this site kinda dragged at times.
Yeah, the server has been struggling a bit when we're busiest, which is usually between 4-9 PM most days.

We tried upgrading a few things and tweaking some settings, which helped but not enough.

The new server is now up, we just have to migrate everything over and get things back up and running.

Hopefully after that we'll be golden. :)

-Chris

Yeah, the server has been struggling a bit when we're busiest, which is usually between 4-9 PM most days.

We tried upgrading a few things and tweaking some settings, which helped but not enough.

The new server is now up, we just have to migrate everything over and get things back up and running.

Hopefully after that we'll be golden. :)

-Chris

That's cool I was blaming it on my end!

Hi Gang,

We're just getting things set up and then we'll start the migration.

The I.P. addresses are going to change, so the downtime will vary a little bit depending on each user and where you're located. :)

Thanks,

-Chris

LOL!

No need to keep it below half throttle or anything, you can hammer it keith! :devil:

Because the I.P. addresses changed, it might take a bit before everyone is directed to the new server.

-Chris

So whats new? no more refreshing alot at peak times and having troubles getting on?

Seems the pages change much quicker, might just be lack of people on, but things seem faster.

Last edited:
I see my posts from yesterday are gone from another thread. I guess I should attribute that to the server upgrages? :brickwall:

I see my posts from yesterday are gone from another thread. I guess I should attribute that to the server upgrages? :brickwall:
Yes, it's most likely from server upgrades.

I would just recreate what ever was lost.

-Chris

Back