• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Checkmate Get Together Part II

ajexpress

Well, since my boat wasn't running last year (I had to ride in my bro n laws crownline...:yell:) I'm pretty excited about having another Stl get together. I'm gonna propose the river again, since it's centrally located, but I'm up for whatever. Let's try to make this happen soon. Who's in?

Well, since my boat wasn't running last year (I had to ride in my bro n laws crownline...:yell:) I'm pretty excited about having another Stl get together. I'm gonna propose the river again, since it's centrally located, but I'm up for whatever. Let's try to make this happen soon. Who's in?

Sadly, my boat is a no go at the moment also.... AGAIN. Still not finished. :sick:

I am most certainly game (esp. since I will be unable to attend cumberland due to work now:irked:) I am bust on Aug. 10-11 though with a float trip.

How about everyone interested starts throwing out possible dates they are open. The more the better, we can pick a date that works for most. cturboaddict you can jump in with one of us. :thumb:

I am game depending on the weekend. I have a bunch of trips planned coming up. Not a big fan of the Kaskaskia but it's still boating. Any STL area guys going to the Miss for "The Blessing of the fleet" this weekend?

Im from Alton and normally run pool 26 but I will miss the blessing of the fleet this weekend. I am jammed up, may be out Sunday but not sure.

As far as a GTG I would love to try it. I was supposed to make the last one but got jammed up with overtime last minute.

Doesn't have to be the Kaskaskia, just not many other places that provide a decently long run. I'm open to suggestions. Let's start throwing out dates. I'll start with 8/3. If this date doesn't work, don't hesitate to suggest an alternative.

Aug. 3 works for me and I’m fine with Kaskaskia, however, I usually put in a Meredosia, IL and run to Grafton/Alton. Grafton has a nice harbor w/ rest, winery, pool, ect. It is always fun just thought I would throw it out there.

I am off Aug. 2nd and am heading to the kakaskia for the weekend so I will be there that weekend for sure.

I'm on vacation August 3rd-11th....we were planning a trip to LOTO, but a river run before hand is a great idea. Is anybody familiar with the Grafton Area? It's a nice place to hang out and nice beaches with tons of other boaters, plenty of resturants/bars to boat to. ...just an idea.

The Grafton area of pool 26 is pretty nice with a decent amount of things to do and places to go now,

I don't want to be hijacking the OP's idea, but the Grafton area would be a good meeting place....kind-of a central location in pool 26. A beach run would be cool too....there's no way we could all get a spot on the beach together, but we could all tie up together just off the beach and party and swim to the beach if we wanted or whatever. I think it would be awesome to have a bunch of "just Checkmates" tied up in front of a huge party beach!:lol:

Hey, no worries on changing the venue, I'm up for whatever. Besides last time on the river Waterstreet was closed....and not sure they are going to reopen the doors this year. Pool 26 is fine with me....as long as someone runs out in front to show the way.....and considering my boat runs low 60's I doubt someone will have a problem getting in front of me. :rof:

Hey, no worries on changing the venue, I'm up for whatever. Besides last time on the river Waterstreet was closed....and not sure they are going to reopen the doors this year. Pool 26 is fine with me....as long as someone runs out in front to show the way.....and considering my boat runs low 60's I doubt someone will have a problem getting in front of me. :rof:
I'm very familiar with the area. Everyone will LOVE it. We can Putt along so we won't lose you :D

I'm very familiar with the area. Everyone will LOVE it. We can Putt along so we won't lose you :D

Cool never been up there in the boat, so looking forward to it. You can either "Putt" along or just have a beer open for me in a koozie when I get there....either will suffice. :D

Hopefully within about a year I won't have to be the pokey one. :sssh:

Pool 26 sounds great! tons of bars, topless girls, good food and nice beaches. Usually a few Baja to pick on. I was up there last weekend and girls were mud wrestling and we managed to get 4 random girls to go for a topless boat ride. ;-)

Back