• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Subwoofer in engine compartment

boatn70

question:
is the engine compartment an OK place to put a sub box? if so, what type of box would you suggest? anyone doing this have sugestions,
im in a 242 convincor.
thanks
kevin

question:
is the engine compartment an OK place to put a sub box? if so, what type of box would you suggest? anyone doing this have sugestions,
im in a 242 convincor.
thanks
kevin

I wouldn't.I would think under the back seat would the a safe place to make a subwoofer set up.There is probably a lot of condensation and vibration in the engine compartment.I don't think those two items would be too healthy for a subwoofer
jpshakehead.gif

i thought that too, i just dont want to sacrifice the storage under the seats. may have to though
thanks
any other opinions??

kevin

YEAH, I HAVE DONE IT TWO WAYS: I HAD A 18INCH SUB WOOFER IN MY DECK AREA. WE MADE A LARGE BOX TO FILL IN THE UNDERNEATH DECK AREA AND MOUNTED THE AMP AND THE SPEAKER FACING OUT. IT LOOKED COOL AND POUNDED. SECOND WAY WAS WHEN SITTING ON THE BACK BENCH SEAT I MADE TWO BOX'S TO EACH HOLD A 12' SPEAKER AND COVERED THEM IN PLEXY GLASS AND MOUNTED ONE ON EACH SIDE RIGHT WHERE THE LEGS WERE FACING OUT. THE PLEXY GLASS MAKES THEM WATER PROOF. I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF INSTALLING 12'S UNDERNEATH THE BENCH SEAT.

I just installed a rockin system in the starflight, Kevin.Put in a Alpine CD player with Infinity 6.5 rounds and a 12 inch JBL dual voice coil sub ran bridged by an alpine amp.Put the sub under the deck and it ROCKS!I just hope one battery is enough.I thought of under the rear but it seemed to rough and possibly moist for it so I went under the deck.Good luck with your tunes Kevin,if you need a shot of 2 stroke exhaust let me know!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back