• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

This boat blows my mind!!!

Just incase the 2300hp per side isn't enough, there is a switch for an extra 500hp of nitrous.... good lord.....

Who said money can't buy happiness? I know if I could buy that boat, I would be happy! Happy!

Just for poops and giggles I priced some of that 118 Sunoco fuel it needs to bet set to "kill". Yeah, its $21/gallon..... and would be worth every penny!!!!

Kinda reminds me of that old adage, "Just another thing to go wrong" love to have a ride though

Just incase the 2300hp per side isn't enough, there is a switch for an extra 500hp of nitrous.... good lord.....
Best quote in the video.

Wonder how many minutes those motors would last at 38 lbs of boost?
Yikes.
LOVE the technology.

When we lived in Fla, we were lucky enough to be in the Keys twice when the Offshore poker run boys came through.
Their first stop is always Gilbers in Key Largo and we stopped in to check them out.

I counted 37 boats and only 2 with Fla registrations!
Some were to the level of this Skater. Everything polished, everything spotless!
The high rollers have crews tow their boats to Miami (boat show week) from the west coast or where ever. Then the boat gets prepped and checked before their owners fly in.
When the poker run ends at Key West, the owners climb on a plane and fly home while their crews load the boats and tug them home.

I thought I knew what money was until moving down there.

BTW, some friends have "on board" video of a ride in Howard Arnesons turbine powered, 48' Skater.
178 under the Golden Gate bridge. Folklore says his rooster tail hits the bridge.
It's not folklore ;)

That boat has two jet ski power units to get it in/out of dock.
Hilarious to hear them push that big boat around in the video :rof:

Check out the Australian ski racers on youtube. Some of the most wicked I/O's I've ever seen.
23' vee bottoms w/twin 1600's and #6's pulling two skiers!
That's on my bucket list.

Check out the Australian ski racers on youtube. Some of the most wicked I/O's I've ever seen.
23' vee bottoms w/twin 1600's and #6's pulling two skiers!
That's on my bucket list.

Oh trust me, I watch those videos all the time!!! When some of my car guy buddies show me a video of Ken Block or somebody and say "this guy's NUTS!!" I always say, "You wanna see nuts? Watch these guys!!!". Slalom skiing at 130mph+ is a whole new level of crazy!!! And those boats are bad ass!!!

Oh trust me, I watch those videos all the time!!! When some of my car guy buddies show me a video of Ken Block or somebody and say "this guy's NUTS!!" I always say, "You wanna see nuts? Watch these guys!!!". Slalom skiing at 130mph+ is a whole new level of crazy!!! And those boats are bad ass!!!

I had a couple of my blocks over there and a standing invite for the "Bridge to Bridge".
Came close a couple yrs back but cant get past the 20 hr flight.
Ugh

Back