• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

This Is What Happens When You Play "Follow The Leader" With No Depthfinder

Hell of a weekend, Eh Guys!

I have a story like that, It happened to me the end of August last year, I was left beached with water up over the transom with 5 200lb + monkeys (I'm being nice) looking at me, wondering how I'm going get them off that island beach. But I'll save that story for the bonfire at the end of June.:sssh:

Sorry to see this ouch.:popcorn:
Nah, it turned out ok. But I thank you for your sympathy. Fortunately
it was a purposeful rendezvous.

Something tells me someone forgot to pay attention to the tides....
Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner.

Story Please?
It was a 3:50 low tide on "The Beach"". Where people hang at low tide.
High tide it's 4 feet underwater.

Happens twice a day.
Yes. Turns into a football field with barbecues and sometimes kegs.

Hell of a weekend, Eh Guys!

I have a story like that, It happened to me the end of August last year, I was left beached with water up over the transom with 5 200lb + monkeys (I'm being nice) looking at me, wondering how I'm going get them off that island beach. But I'll save that story for the bonfire at the end of June.:sssh:
Looking forward to that discussion. Might be late. Son is graduating High School on Friday the 26'th.
Trying to ditch my mother and come down with Adam.:rof:
Bruce had some fascinating suggestions on how to do that.
They all involved alcohol. Bruce has clearly never met my mother.

I was hoping for some excessive velocity, adult beverages, Harbor Patrol, one or perhaps two of those Coast Guard interceptors, and maybe even Capt. Morgan sporting two or three Mercury Prototype outboards.

We were expecting it....the kids love this spot to hang out and get soaked in the water pools.
I knew low tide was 4pm, and when the tide comes in, it fills fast!!! ....as my wife reminds we since Sim and i were skiing one day off the Enforcer while she held the Starliner on the sandbar from the rushing tide :poke:

9CF2E085-B601-4615-BAAF-871D09E25B76_zpsyrj7zctj.jpg

At least Demag got to admire my bottoms lines (aka steps in hull).
37CA4518-EB06-418D-BC42-8FCE04F21B3A_zpswsqmfg6h.jpg

But this was before this cute couple joined us:
F85D870E-2804-48AA-8B1D-19649DE58698_zps2tjjee5s.jpg

Great times with great friends! The season officially started yesterday!

By the way - big shout out to the Baja owner who was there also on the other side of the sandbar. When (he) a random stranger says to you in the queue for the ramp that he knows you from the Checkmate forum, you have to think you're online too much!

Looks like a great time guys:D Next time I'm making the trip to the Delaware instead of staying in South Jersey. This is how they keep their boats off the sandbars or in this case out of the water in South Jersey.

I'm not sure who's CM this is but it looked nice and had to take a picture as I was cruising by in Avalon NJ.

:rof:Thats great.
Just doesn't seem natural but better then haveing to keep pulling the boat in or out with the tide. See you guys in a month.

:rof:Thats great.
Just doesn't seem natural but better then haveing to keep pulling the boat in or out with the tide. See you guys in a month.
Not natural, Keith? Just think of it as "God's Li'l Bunkie sand Trailer".
That's what Bruce told us. And we believed him. Right after he said there would be BBQ.
Yes, looking forward to seeing you in a month.
Unless Demag tricks us into another self-destructive satanic steak roast.

Back