• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

trim tabs on an 83 enticer

thunder

I recently bought a 1983 Enticer 17', and there were trim tab mounts on the transom(the tabs and rams were missing). Since I'm redoing the boat, I took them off. Were these installed as a factory extra? Do I need to put new ones on? The boat is powered by a Johnson 140 HP, which has an aerofoil fin on the cavitation plate. As of yet, I haven't run the boat, so I don't know how it goes through the water. Any info would be helpful....Thunder

I recently bought a 1983 Enticer 17', and there were trim tab mounts on the transom(the tabs and rams were missing). Since I'm redoing the boat, I took them off. Were these installed as a factory extra? Do I need to put new ones on? The boat is powered by a Johnson 140 HP, which has an aerofoil fin on the cavitation plate. As of yet, I haven't run the boat, so I don't know how it goes through the water. Any info would be helpful....Thunder

My mx-15 had trim tabs on it when I first bought it, they didn't do squat to help the boat and they say checkmate on them so I imagine they were on there since the beginning. I put a jackplate on my boat to help smooth out the ride and help the speed. The hyrdofoils help in this same manner but can also slow you down, if you don't mind loosing a little speed just keep it and you should be fine.

Back