• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ugh... Anyone we know?

Painful to watch. What do you guys think caused the boat to sink?

Could it had been as simple as forgetting to install or tighten the drain plug?

Painful to watch. What do you guys think caused the boat to sink?

Could it had been as simple as forgetting to install or tighten the drain plug?

Down in the comments it says the shifter boat was ripped and the guy turned off the battery so the bilge pump never kicked on. Doesn't look like the boat was treated to well to begin with, bottom looks nasty! Yup, no mention of sinking in the add, and at $9,000, someones gonna get ripped off....:(

The ad does say “drop in and go”.

It really bugs me when a seller misleads a buyer by excluding information or just flat out telling lies. I hope someone doesn’t get stuck with a bunch of problems from buying this boat

Had to email this guy for ****s and giggles. I asked if the cuddy leaked since the cushions looked water stained. He says he has only had the boat for the summer and all is fine. I then told him with a brief search on the boat that it had been sank and that would explain the water stains. No response back. Lol

I don’t know how someone could knowingly pass on a bunch of problems to a new owner.

The potential new owner may be a family guy who saved up to buy a boat to have some fun with the family and then run into problems with the boat after the title changed hands.

Had to email this guy for ****s and giggles. I asked if the cuddy leaked since the cushions looked water stained. He says he has only had the boat for the summer and all is fine. I then told him with a brief search on the boat that it had been sank and that would explain the water stains. No response back. Lol

I am glad you called this guy out. Maybe he will rethink what he is trying to do.

He could come clean about the boat sinking and reduce the price for someone willing to take it on considering the facts.

Here is his reply to me after he denied it sunk and I sent him the video of it under water.

”I wasnt the owner when that happened. I think the dude didnt have the plug in the back. ive had it for 2 months, been out on it atleast 5-8 times for hours, they all take on some water its an offshore racing boat that lifts up but idk what they did.“

Back