• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Upgrading Smartcraft guages from analog

PA-Checkmate

My current boat has analog gauges and engine(2002 496-HO) is Smartcraft. I would like to replace the tach and speedo(80mph) with added GPS for speedo. Can this be done and if so what do I all need. Would like to retain the other analog gauges such as temp, fuel, oil pressure, trim, etc. Want the tach and speedo with needle sweep... don't want digital. What are my options.

thanks

I wanted to do the same thing with my outboard but getting a really good answer was difficult. I called and texted someone at Livorsi and still didn't know what all I needed to make it work.

I'm getting conflicting information from Mercury. Called and they said it's not a smartcraft system even though the transom assembly had a "smartcraft" tag! Does anyone know of a way to know? Rinda id's the PCM-555 when connected. Will call back next week....

early 2000's were the beginning of smartcraft and extremly incompatability between the ECM and the gauges(which are not all the same). I ran into this on my 2001 optimax O/B with had smartcraft gauges but faces were killed. I talked to merc many times, they told me what gauges I needed, no go, then sais I need a certain new wiring harness, bought that, no go, then they had me send my ECM back and they would reflash and all would be good..again no go, so after 2 months and $$$$$ I added analog gauges, made my own harness, I kept the smartcraft gauges under the dash to ck codes etc. So tread lightly on this as it is a royal pain to get the crap to talk to each other...

Back