• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

West Palm Beach Area Vaca 4/23 - 4/28

ChuckB

I just booked flights with the family to be in West Palm Beach FL at the end of spring break. I know my Checkmate boating buds Jupiter Pulsare and Hayabusa live in the area and wanted to give the heads-up.

I haven't booked a hotel yet but thinking of Margaritaville in Hollywood beach. Was looking for something on or near the water and please chime in if anyone has suggestions. The obvious temptation is to scratch my flight and trailer a mate...:bounce:

As always, the more friends the better and if you get down to that area or are in the area, let's catch up.:cheers:

Just got back from Key Largo and Satellite Beach over Christmas - was a great 3 weeks.

Check Air BnB or VRBO for vacation rentals - we've found some great places and cost is competitive with hotels - especially if you need more than one room.

You don't get maid service, but you do have a lot more room.

https://www.bing.com/aclick?ld=e3TX...pZCU3ZA&rlid=ca7be4c0b04e1bb56c20b8f84c16f43a

Jupiter Waterfront Inn is in Tequesta (North Palm Beach/Jupiter area) and is on the Intercoastal Waterway directly across from the County Line sandbar where everyone gathers on the weekends! The water on incoming tide is crystal clear, lots of manatees, boats, dogs and bikinis!! You can rent a boat from the nearby marina! It's a low key, clean motel but nothing fancy..just a nice place to stay. There's even a boat dock!

http://www.sailfishmarina.com/

Sailfish Marina is right across from Peanut Island. It's upper scale with a good restaurant, marina, etc. Tons of boats on Peanut Island every weekend. Crystal clear water on incoming tide with lots of fish, jacks, snook, etc. running under the docks! Nice place to stay and there are boat rentals nearby!

You can run from Jupiter Inlet to Palm Beach Inlet (Jupiter Waterfront Inn to Sailfish Marina) by ocean in about 1 hour dock to dock. If you take the Intercoastal Waterway it is longer but scenic as you view all the different homes along the waterway!

We will be available to take you boating as long as it's not when I'm in Costa Rica (March 17-24)!

Can’t beat the Margaritaville awesome place and also new, I definitely will be down to see you and for sure we’ll go boating, looking fwd to it YEAH!!!

Much thanks for the feedback guys:bigthumb: I'm probably going with the Margaritaville place because we can get the best of both worlds from inter coastal to beach action. It's pricey but you sometimes gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting together and will reach back out as it gets closer in early April. I will also look into renting a boat for a day or two:D

First few rounds on me:cheers:

Back