• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What engine do I exactly have..

I am the owner of a Maxxim 229 and it says 502 Magnum on the outdrive. I do know it is a MarkIV engine but anyone know the ins and outs.. It does have a lumpy idle and a high rise intake.. The engine has never been out of the boat either as it only has 527 hrs on it as we speak.. One of the lowest hr'd 229s around.

as far as I know they never made a mark IV style 502, decals are cheap, drive could have been changed from another boat, somebody had changed the dribe on my 502mpi and it said 454. Without pulling engine apart no way to tell what you really have.

Carb engine I presume, but I would get the numbers from the block. Should be on front where head and gasket are.

Back