• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What size diameter and pitch prop

Reggie

Hi , I have a 24 Pulsar closed deck , getting a new 300R , with a Torque Master gear case. What size diameter and pitch prop would
work the best for an all around prop.

Hi , I have a 24 Pulsar closed deck , getting a new 300R , with a Torque Master gear case. What size diameter and pitch prop would
work the best for an all around prop.
I have a 2020 liner closed deck 24 Pulsare with a 300R. I have tried at least 6 props on mine. The 24 Bravo FS is probably a good all round prop. It will run around 73 mph at 6450 rpm on the limiter, so a 25P Bravo FS might gain another 1 - 2 mph. I also have a 24P Promax prop that runs 76 mph at 6360 rpm with 2 of us and a light load. I like the ProMax best for a light load but if I load the boat up like 3/4 tank of fuel, the slippage increases and the ProMax runs closer to 73 mph. It accelerates very good in the mid range, and chine walks less than the Bravo FS. For 4 people in the boat with a good load in the summer I give the nod to the Bravo FS. For the spring and fall with a light load and the top down, I prefer the 24 ProMax.

Hello Glen, Great information, will do some testing in the spring time, thanks.
Let me know if you need any more info. I think I sent you some pictures of my 2400 about a year ago. Another good prop for the money is a Solas Scorpion. Cost is about half of a Mercury prop. They run really stiff, at least 2 pitches stiffer than a mercury Bravo. I ordered a 24P Scorpion and it was too much pitch but the engine was not broken in well at that point. It ran around 71 mph at 6000 rpm. You could really raise the jackplate and that prop would hold well. I think if I would have ordered a 23P Scorpion it would have turn closet to 6200+rpm and run at least 73 mph, and today with the engine broken in, I think I could have turned that 23P to even higher rpm. Probably not as fast as the ProMax, but the ProMax costs around $1100 and the Scorpion is less than $500!!

Back