• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

When you stay at the party to long!

merc245

Early last Friday made the 45 mile run up to the party, just wondering how it was going to go with the high water & sunken island this yr. It was smaller then yrs past with hundreds of boats, not thousands on hand. The police have put a stranglehold on this event also. At least 10 cops on jet skis, 5 to 6 jurisdictions with their boats out, not to mention boats from the state and federal level. Make a long story short. With the heavy popo and first round of rain coming in about 1pm, I high tailed home. Turned the news on at 5 pm only to find severe weather warnings with 1/2 hail headed towards the party. Let’s just say, Glad it wasn't me. Enjoy the video

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cl...s-havoc-at-jobbie-nooner-sends-20-to-hospital

5th season, nothing but maintenance on her. Love the boat, gets me across Lake Erie & St. Clair at 50 to 60 mph on nice days 30 to 35 mph with taps half buried on not so nice days. Any worse it’s on the trailer. Best part with mpi and CMI’s is I get just under 3 mpg lopping along at 45 mph. 90 mile round trip burns 30 gallons. Just told my girlfriend yesterday, its is so economical, I only pay for fuel, booze and storage in that order. Taking it up north next week, Traverse City 2 nites,Boyne City Thunder Run (only as a spectator) 2 nites, then 2 nights on the inland waterway at Indian River.
Love it too, for its size. Still allows me to travel good distance’s and I’m still able to whip it around the subdivision and fits on the driveway also. I’m totally happy with my purchase. Jeff

And I was the only 24’ or better Checkmate I saw the 2 hrs I hung around (did have a 18 or 20 ft metal-flake OB fly by). The Baja’s were as thick as flys on a turd with 5 counted from my anchorage.

One more thing, the helicopter coverage was from about 11:30 am by the time I got out of there at 1 pm it grown 3 to 4 times with more heading in. It was simply annoying with amount of cops and the dam news copter hovering 500 ft over head for 25 minutes (might be getting old).

Last edited:
Back