• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Windaways Wind Deflectors Are Available Once More

Blue Mist '97

Windaways wind deflectors are once again available. View them on our website.

They are available in the standard 18" length. Also available, by special order are longer length deflectors (24", 30" 36"). These are not stocked at this time, but can be ordered and shipped within a week. Standard deflectors can be shipped in 1-2 days.

***NOTE*** We are attending the Houston Boat Show this week, so may be a little slow in responding until Monday. Attendance is way down this year, so far. Ten day show ends Sunday.

Please feel free to email sales@windaways-texas.com or call 713.724.9969 with any questions about them.

Patrick Smith
BM 97

Any plans for mounting options for a fiberglass windscreen boat?
Not at this time, but I would like to look at the possibility. Can I assume that you don't want to drill into your fiberglass? At first glance, I don't see many options. However, I haven't looked at any boats with fiberglass windscreens, so I don't really know right now.

RD - If you have time, shoot me some pics of your windscreen area to info@windaways-texas.com and we can take a look.

Excellent product, good luck with the venture!!

I second that.....
My Windaways on my Checkmate are an excellent product, I haven't lost a hat in the wind during cruising since I've been using them :thumb:
Easy and quick to put them on, it only takes less than 1 minute to get them mounted.

And they look really kool too.

Good luck Pat with this endeavor.

asalt.....jpg

I second that.....
My Windaways on my Checkmate are an excellent product, I haven't lost a hat in the wind during cruising since I've been using them :thumb:
Easy and quick to put them on, it only takes less than 1 minute to get them mounted.

asalt.....jpg
Thanks Kurt. I was so glad to hear that you decided to keep your Checkmate. It's been just over a year since I sold my Persuader. I still miss her most days. The new owner stays in contact and continues to torment me with pics of her every month or two. She still looks very pretty.

Pat

Wow!! I don't know how long boat shows are normally, but our show is finally winding down. Day 10 and final day tomorrow. Believe it or not, I may have found a possible new nitch for WindAways wind screens. Motorcycles.... Several boat show patrons have asked about wind screens for their motorcycles. I had never considered it, but several have expressed interest in a less expensive alternative to purchasing a newer taller windshield for their bikes.

Anyway, I digress. The show has been long, perhaps too long for these (hard) times. Attendance was down during the weekdays, but today was great. Hopefully, things will be back to normal next week and I can get some work done.

Here is a pic of my little piece of heaven for the last week or so.

Attachments

• BOAT SHOW PIC 1.jpg
    BOAT SHOW PIC 1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 38
I will be placing an order in the next couple of months. I don't want to lose my new Checkmate hat that I got for Christmas!

I second that.....

asalt.....jpg
Hey Kurt
I just noticed in you pic that your screens are angled back like your windshield. Did you decide to not use the J Bracket when you assembled them? How do they work? They look good.

Pat

Hey Kurt
I just noticed in you pic that your screens are angled back like your windshield. Did you decide to not use the J Bracket when you assembled them? How do they work? They look good.

Pat

hey Pat,
yes I decided not to use the j brackets for no other reason other than I like the way they look better being at the same angle as the wind shield.
I also cut 1 1/2 inches off along the tops and angled the corners down a little for looks also.

Kurt

Great work Pat. I am still thinking of buying a set once I figure out if I can pull the windscreen to rig a set on it. Thanks for all your hard work in the design. I do appreciate it .:thumb:

Great work Pat. I am still thinking of buying a set once I figure out if I can pull the windscreen to rig a set on it. Thanks for all your hard work in the design. I do appreciate it .:thumb:
Jeff, not 100% sure, but I don't think you would have to pull the windscreen to mount a set. Not even sure that you could pull the fairing or even access the underside from the cabin, after emailing with Kip a week or so ago about the different windscreens. Still checking on some things, so I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks Pat. My motor is just starting to go together next week so plenty of time. We dont get to boat up here until May . I know I need a set and know you are getting a plan going. Thanks again ! Jeff

Back