• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Yups and Nopes

Jimway

Been havin a spirited conversation with the Cat out in the garage. We been post flighting the Mate and cleaning and buffing. Been a coupla refreshment breaks too. BobKitty brought up the point that I'm a Yup. When I requested some clarification on what a Yup is, old BobCat says, that the way he sees it, ya got two types of people in the world, Yups and Nopes. Now he is sitten in the Mate on his special towel with the cockpit cover most of the way on, and the heater goin inside to keep everything cozy and dry. He's remarking on how well the Checkmate fellas built the boat and how he likes the lines and colors and gauges and stuff. He says becoming a Yup, it's like your first haircut or bicycle ride without training wheels. It's like your first girlfriend, the go-cart that started the quest for speed, the dirtbike, the snowmobile, the first truck, and on it goes, the first deer, the first elk, milestones in life. Rights of passage. The things that you dream about when your just a kid. Some work all of thier life and never achieve the Yup. Some become a Yup when relatively young. Some of us are older when it happens. Some folks will never be Yups, sad to say. Some people don't want to be Yups, and that's cool too. Some are unworthy{ I'm just sayin }. Now some people are lucky enough to become Yups two or three times over, but the first time is the special one, I'm thinkin. And once you are a Yup, you get noticed, there is something about you, an air, or a feeling people get, the self assured posture, the all knowing smile, the deep tan, the windblown speed look on the hair. Nopes that want desperatly to become Yups will ask about becoming a Yup. This is when us Yups can tell the story about becoming a Yup, and make sure you dont leave anything out. Not the day, time, weather, month, year, location, condition, even what you had for lunch that day. How old you were, how it came about, how far from home you were, all of the good stuff that goes into becoming a Yup. All of the details great and small that combine to become lasting historical signifigance. Coupla years back, If you had asked me if I owned a Checkmate, I woulda had to say Nope, It's a proud Yup nowdays. Some people say cats are dumb, I dissagree....

Back