• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ZT 280 on fire in pool 26

fireguy

Got a bunch of messages that there was a boat on fire near Grafton. After seeing pics on Facebook, it appeared to be a ZT 280.

Anybody know who's it was and I hope they are all ok. There was nothing reported in the story on the news about any injuries so I am assuming all were ok.

Boat was totaled but according to the newspaper today everyone was ok.

Still don't know if it was member or not.

I have seen ZT models with those graphics. I remember looking at a red 97 280 zt for a friend that had them. As of 1997 NADA shows they produced the ZT240 and ZT280 which appears to be first year for them.

Could it be a 260 Persuader. From my phone it looks like a Persuader swim platform. Looks like a bad situation.

here is another story on the boat

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/ho...nguish-boat-blaze-on-Mississippi#.VAZyinco600

EP-308319956.jpg&MaxH=250&MaxW=300

Everybody who knows nothing about boats thinks all performance boats are Baja's. LOL

Plus, I know Bob the guy that made that statement. One hell of a fire fighter, but he aint a boater. LOL

Might be right about it being a baja model. Been the case more then once.:rof:
Glad everyone walked away. When is a manufactor going to offer a fire system that just pumps some of the water your sitting in to you to spray with. hmm maybe I'll draw that up and make my millions.

Might be right about it being a baja model. Been the case more then once.:rof:
Glad everyone walked away. When is a manufactor going to offer a fire system that just pumps some of the water your sitting in to you to spray with. hmm maybe I'll draw that up and make my millions.
I'm in.

Well boat fires are generally Class B fires and without some help the water you are sitting in is not going to do anything but possibly make the situation worse.

But Keith if you figure something out I want in on the early stages. LOL

I think fixed systems (halon like) should be mandatory on ALL I/O's.

Back