• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Finally bought a Starliner.

Instigator

Some of you know I've been trying to pull this off for yrs.
As w/most of you, either time,$$, family, work or life in general gets in the way.

Stumbled on this one and it was just too good to pass up. Now to get it home ;)

Anyone w/an empty hitch headed south from Grand Rapids Michigan (actually Ada) towards Columbus Ohio???

As to plans for the boat, I've always wanted one and have always planned to build a hot rod V-8 OMC for it. Easy 400+ bullet proof HP's and a way cool rig.
For now, I have an '04 3.3 liter 250 Ficht that I converted to carburetors that should be good for 270 - 280 low maintenance HP's.

Hope you enjoy.

starliner1_zps2a0ef022.png

starliner16_zps2769b474.png

starliner14_zps705717f6.png

starliner12_zpsc8a2da6b.png

starliner8_zpscc1ea0c3.png

This will power it for now. As some of you may also know, my hobby is building motors that people say won't work and run better than they think.
I built both the 250's on my 24' Sonic that I just sold, from spare parts ;)
FrankIII25_zps76095fcc.png

Good, the cat is out of the bag! I don't like to keep secrets very long! :rof: Let me know if I can help in some way Gary. Maybe store it at my place for the summer?

I am very surprised to hear that you sold the Sonic! You worked very hard on that boat and you did a wonderful job!

Good luck with the Starliner!

HD

Congrats on the purchase!!!:thumb: I like that color combo!! I have an 01 250hp Ficht motor, how hard is it to change over to carbs?

Gary if anyone is willing to pull the boat to Knoxville Tn, I can pull it from there to Charleston SC where I live. Just a thought, maybe we can do some type of relay between Michigan and Florida.

If somebody can get it to Dayton, Ohio, I can get it down to Lake Cumberland (Burnside, KY). I might even be willing to lake test it for ya!! lol.

Cool Gator.....moving back to Ohio and bought a Checkmate! Nice ride for the O-river.

If I was out that way and had room I'd say I'd tarp it and store it for you until you make the move to OH.

Back