• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Metro Area Get Together

ajexpress

Reading a bunch of these threads I've realized there are a lot of checkmates in the area. What do ya say we try to have a get together. Just a pick a day, pick a lake, meet up. I think we can get at least 5-6 boats...maybe more together. Let's find out who's interested then we can pick a date.

I would be in, won't have a weekend off for a few weeks though.

If everyone is interested pick a date and I'll do the best I can.
I never been on the mississippi so if thats the place I gotta follow someone around so I don't end up on a wingdike

well, that makes two of us....I know there are several guys around stl that have checks on here, but not sure how often they check this thread....I'll try to lure some more in.

get together

hey all, I am totally in for a meet. I am currently building a motor for my 1972 MX-16. Looking at the weekend of August 11th to be on the water. I personally like to run the Kaskaskia River. People are nice, and there are floating bars on the river. Smittys and Waterstreet. I usually start at smittys and go to evansville to waterstreet. Sometimes through the lock and dam to the party beach on the mississippi. We need someone to head this up. I say everyone interested leave your phone number on here and have ajexpress contact everyone with a time and date.

Jon
(618)363-6978

I haven't been on the Mississippi either, so I can't lead the way. I'm fine with any where really, but let's keep it within a reasonable distance so guys don't have to overnight. I know guys that have families will have a harder time making a day trip to somewhere 2+ hours away. I think this would narrow our bodies of water to Mississippi (if anyone is familiar with it), Rend, Carlyle, Kaskaskia River, Kinkaid (probably over 2 hours for MO folks), and Mark Twain (probably over 2 hours for IL folks). Since bfmccasper called it first we can have it at Kaskaskia...unless someone has a strong objection. We could start at Smitty's...run down to Evansville...eat lunch at Just Sue's and have a beer or ??, then lock out to the Mississippi (since I've never been on it) and head to the beach for a while. Anybody that doesn't want to make the run down and back could cut it in half by joining us in Evansville. PM me with your email address if you want an update via email...or a phone number (I'll probably text) and I'll respond with my info. Next order of business is picking a date....I'm booked through the weekend of the 10th anyway so bfmccasper get that motor done. And anyone that has a friend who wants to come out with a non-checkmate boat is more than welcome....as long as they aren't faster. :thumb:

I am in if I can make it. Schedule is hectic in the summer. Lots of overtime. I have been on the mississippi (pool 26) every weekend since june. Took every saturday off in July so I could boat.

I live in Alton so for a 1-dayer, Rend, Mark Twain, and maybe Kincaid are a bit far. I generally only have 1 day off per weekend unless I take a V-Day.

Just let me know. I am also willing to give up the phone number to make the planning easier, but I would prefer to do it by PM and not on the open forum.

get together/party

I think we have a place, Smittys on the Kaskaskia. Its only about a 30min drive from downtown STL. If we want to do it on a saturday then I vote on the 25th of august this will give us all month to promote the event, and give people who are very busy (sounds like all of us) time to plan for it and get off work. I also vote to make it as early as possible, for maximum fun time on the water,hahaha we could even meet for breakfast somewhere if people like that idea. I have plenty of friends with non checkmate boats that will love to come, also a couple with checkmates. These are just thoughts and I am in no way trying to tell everyone what to do :)

Thanks, cant wait to party with ya
Catto

Kaskaskia should be a good run....I'll keep tabs on the water level. No one feel obligated to provide your cell #, you are more than welcome to just get your updates here. If you want to shoot me your cell # via pm that's fine too. I'll check on the date with the woman in charge. ;) It'll be nice to know the local guys running mates.

Hopefully my winder will be done by that time, but no promises. (reality is, it probably wont be)
AJ- I've messaged you my cell # bud.
"Jersey"

I have thought the Kas would make a good place to have a "fun run"
I could probably make the 25th work.
Probably wouldn't lock out though, the water is low in the mississippi, I don't know the water there, and I have spent way too much on broken drives and tore up props this year to hit a gravel bar. (Drive twice, prop once) I'll wait for yall at Evansville where all the other big boats hang out...
Smitty's, is that the restaurant thats at New Athens?
Cuz I say we put in at New Athens, its a nice drive down to the dam from there...28 miles or so and with the no wakes in the middle it can take some time

get together

Yes, smittys is in new athens. Fun place. We can meet there, and yes, with the no wake zones it makes for a fun day. As for the Mississippi, we dont have to do that, it was just a a thought. I do have a buddy that can lead the way if we want to stay out of shallow water. So, are we gonna do this thing on the 25th? Even if your boats not ready, come on out, well find one for you to ride in!

LOTO shootout weekend of 25th

Don't know if anyone cares but the weekend of the 25th is the weekend of LOTO.
U was thinking about maybe going to LOTO but probably not...
I know that some of you guys go down to LOTO so I figured I would let ya'll know.

I am off on the 25th so as of right now, I should be good to go.

Not gonna make the shootout this year so I think I am free that day.

I'm good to go on the 25th. That said, let's see how many are planning on heading to LOTO. If we need to change weekends we can do that.

Meeting at Evansville is fine with me. Now that I think about it a run from New Athens to Evansville to the Mississippi, locking out, etc...would be quite a haul.

I'm good to go on the 25th. That said, let's see how many are planning on heading to LOTO. If we need to change weekends we can do that.

Meeting at Evansville is fine with me. Now that I think about it a run from New Athens to Evansville to the Mississippi, locking out, etc...would be quite a haul.

Ya even if you don't lock out, take your time, and don't stop at bars or to tie up, it can take like 4 hours to run the whole thing...
Less if you run 65 the whole way but you get the idea.
I'm sure there will be at least one stop and some tie up time right?
Otherwise whats the point?

Actually, from smittys to evansville, running 47MPH ( ill be faster than that with the new motor) with no wake zones (think there are 3) its only like a 30 min haul, 45min tops. this is straight through with no stopping. I've done it many times. Yes there will be tie up time. Its not really that far. We can just skip the lock and dam. It's going to be a fun time. Anyone wanting to change the date because of the shootout is fine, but lets set the date and be done with it. I know I'm not going to make the shootout.

Catto

Back