• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Keep the sportfire???

Boston Predictor

Well just for fun I posted my sportfire for sale on craigslist.com to see what kind of responses Ide get.
I was really hoping that someone had a bigger checkmate that they wanted to trade.
I posted the sale price at $5,000 with interesting trades concidered. I am a big fan of ATV's, and A while back I almost traded a member of this board my sportfire for 2 nice ATV's and thats kinda what got me thinking, what is this boat worth to someone, and what did they have to trade?
I got at least a dozen replys a day. Other boats,Trucks, Vans, classic cars, Motorcycles, dirtbikes, timeshare, mason work, cash offers, partial trades... on and on..

One offer I got seems pretty inticing. Its a trade for a Arctic Cat 400 4x4 with only 23 miles on it and all the goodies included. Not even broken in. He will also give me $1500 cash in hand. Hmmm...
Im thinking about sinking that money into the predictor, Custom paint, interior, etc.. and saving up for a bridgeport or a 200. In the mean time Im just running it with an old 90 seahorse, its actually a great running motor just too small.
It would be sad to loose such a great checkmate as the sportfire, but I still would be a checkmate owner.
I know in the end its up to me. what do you guys think? this is a tough one

I think you should tow the sportfire to Michigan and sell it to JW cheap! :thumb:

SELL IT!

Be a man sell it and buy a V8 powered checkmate. There is a great 24' Enforcer for sale in NH. Go buyit! Cmon you can do it!:devil:

Ive been looking for a starflite for the past two years. That is a nice idea but I wont be able to get that much money for the predictor.

cvx16cvx said:
Be a man sell it and buy a V8 powered checkmate. There is a great 24' Enforcer for sale in NH. Go buyit! Cmon you can do it!:devil:
I almost traded a guy my 250 ATV plus my sportfire for a 1989 229 Maxxum with a 454. That thing was bad a$$

wheeler dealer

I know I love the flake too I would miss it. The thing is right now the predictor is only worth a few hundred bucks and wouldnt be worth selling. If it were restored it would be worth a bit more...Im not looking for a profit though, just a lake boat to mess around with. . Then maybe I can sell the predictor and put the money towards a bigger Checkmate. There have been too many nice days where I could have been out there if only I had a 23+ footer to handle the ocean. When you live right on the ocean It sucks not having a big boat you can keep on a mooring.
I think It is a good deal. In the end I would have the satisfaction of restoring the predictor, get a sweet new ATV, and eventually Ide get the boat I have really been dreaming of all my life.
Its all just wheeling and dealing

Attachments

• MVC_009S.JPG
    MVC_009S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
cvx16cvx said:
Thats the plan, but I need some more cash first. any donations??:bigthumb: :lol:

Last edited:
If you tow that Sportfire to SW Michigan, you can then pick up Checkmate243's nice Starflight with 225 EFI and tow it back home!

what do you guys think of this formula 233?? I know worked 350's are a risk but its pretty clean anyways...

Attachments

• formula223.jpg
    formula223.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
  • formula233.jpg
    formula233.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 9
THE PLAN

trade your sportfire for that atv and get the cash. its late in the season now so you wont miss it too much.

save some cash, repo the predictor from your brother, and hang a fresh merc 2.5 on the back and run 90 :devil:

Back