• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Full Canvas On a Checkmate

R1Racing

Does anyone have pics of full canvas on there Checkmate? The kind that could be used to run my boat in the rain and not have to worry about getting a wet butt or soggy seats. Just looking in to getting a 22' Maxxum and wonder how it will look. If you wait for that perfect day in New York, you will never get out there......

i can't tell where in ny you are , but a friend had a full top set on his maxim and i had a full top set on my 283 convincor . both were done by john fitzner canvas , curry rd rotterdam ny 518 335-1110. john is the best in custom covers .

picture.php

you say full canvas to me and I am thinking mooring cover
and the pic above is mine all covered up, if you meant bimini
top or canvas convertible top I got nothin'

I think he wanta what we call a camper top. I had one made for my 27ft Mach 1. They work great if they're made correctly.

My Enforcer came with a camper top that attaches to the bimini top in the front with plastic windows all around snapping to the top frame of the windshield and with more windows down the sides. It has an extension at the back of the bimini top with a plastic window and screens...

Now if I can only find the photos, I only had it on the boat one time just to see if I could figure out how to attach it. It was pretty easy as I recall, sort of like installing the soft top side and back windows on a Jeep Wrangler...

While I am sure it is functional and will keep the rain off, it really makes a sleek boat look homely!

While I am sure it is functional and will keep the rain off, it really makes a sleek boat look homely!

Oooo, i know it does not great on Checkmates but i like going out even when there is a chance of rain...... I see to many boats come in the marina i work at with seats and engine hatch's FULL of water.

Wow is right:eyecrazy:..... I would be looking to go alittle lower. Ive heard the term "Navy Top" used for low tops. One concern would be the low windshield on the Maxxum.

canvas

2100 pulsare bow rider. I had a bimini, snap on windshield, bow cover and a zip on rear cover with two positions to allow air in or go all the way down to the rear cleats with bungi cord. It's not entirely water proof by certainly keeps you 98 % dry and is good to about 40. I had it done at B&S marine canvas in saugerties. Nice job all stainless, not cheap but should last a long time. I live in West Hurley. Mostly use the bimini, good to 50. On real hot days thr rear cover is a life saver, Just cannot run to fast with no windshield or bow cover on but zips off in 30 sec.

Also no straps jut pin posts. whole bimini folds in 2 min or stays in forward or rear pin position. All the way down in the boot it's hardly noticable.

pics

R1 I PM'd you back and will try to get some pictures this weekend to either post if I can figure it out or send them to you by e-mail

Back