• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Predictor Help

kalugs22

I just picked up a minty 79 Predictor 16' with a Merc 90hp inline 6. I'm not sure what pitch the prop is that is on there now I'm really struggling to find any numbers. I know its a Michigan wheel Ballistic. Anyway I don't have the money for a bigger motor but it's definitely in the works. I would like to maximize what I have now so are there any recommendations on jackplates and props? All and any help is appreciated!

-Aaron

hey welcome to the site.
The predictor is a cool little boat. Mine has a 115 hp 4 cyl.
I put a 6 inch setback jackplate on it and I am running a 22 pitch 3 blade mercury prop. The motor is running 2 inches higher with the jack plate than it was just bolted to the back and it made a big difference.
so I'm back 6 inches and up 2 and run 5300 rpm with a 22 pitch. 2 people and a full tank and we run mid 50's
here is a pic of it a couple of weeks ago.
good luck with the predictor.

Attachments

• memorial day bay 2009 027.jpg
    memorial day bay 2009 027.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 27
Back